Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The LEAST exciting Albion signing ever?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Prompted by the (probably baseless) rumours about Richie Wellens.

Who in your mind, is the LEAST exciting signing the club have ever made? Taking into account the club's status at the time obviously - there's no point countering somebody's "Dean Hammond" by arguing that we had far worse players when we were really shit.

And try not to use hindsight, either. Ryan Harley was a reasonably interesting signing at the time, for example.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Michel Kuipers seemed to be an underwhelming signing at the time!!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Seb Carole for his third spell.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it possible to be just "whelmed"?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Micky Thomas, absolute pisstaker.

Exciting signing at the time but the most disappointing on the rare occasions he even turned up to play. If we talking the most disappointed I was at hearing we'd signed him then Dean Wilkins when he cam back from Twente (?) although he turned out to be pretty good.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
And try not to use hindsight, either. Ryan Harley was a reasonably interesting signing at the time, for example.

Not for me he wasn't!

The Peruvian wingers always looked suspect ... and were

But for me Mickey Thomas ... couldn't get excited about anyone that looks like he needed a good bath. Lee Hendrie a close 2nd

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Most underwhelming was Dean Hammond's return. Not Dean's fault but more because the club/argus hyped it up as if it was to be some marquee deadline super signing only to come out with: 'Oh by the way Dean Hammond is back on a season long loan.'

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Prompted by the (probably baseless) rumours about Richie Wellens.

Who in your mind, is the LEAST exciting signing the club have ever made? Taking into account the club's status at the time obviously - there's no point countering somebody's "Dean Hammond" by arguing that we had far worse players when we were really shit.

The keeper we signed on loan from Histon? Can't recall his name.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Micky Thomas, absolute pisstaker.

Exciting signing at the time but the most disappointing on the rare occasions he even turned up to play.

Try not to use hindsight.. when he joined us it didn't look a bad signing. He only took the mickey afterwards.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Not for me he wasn't!

The Peruvian wingers always looked suspect ... and were

But for me Mickey Thomas ... couldn't get excited about anyone that looks like he needed a good bath. Lee Hendrie a close 2nd

What Peruvian wingers we never had any. Assume you mean the Argentines Baz and Battipedi. Of that era Johnny Dixon would be my shout.

Oct 25, 2003
loads in the withdean era...turnover was fairly high. A few spring to mind

-joe dolan
-phil hadland
-martin thomas
-seb carole (THIRD spell)
-stuart jones

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I remember being a bit "so what?" about Mark Gall. I think he came along just after Byrne and Small had been sold and it all seemed to suggest we were going nowhere. Probably very unfair on the player, who I think put in some good shifts for us and is probably a lovely guy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The keeper we signed on loan from Histon? Can't recall his name.

I thought of him. He wasn't even on loan. we actually signed him, albeit short term. Danny Naisbitt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here