Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Jordan in England ODI squad to play Australia & Ireland

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Well deserved indeed. It was a really good bit of homework from the Sussex management here, this guy had his issues at Surrey but his natural talent with the ball, in the field & to some extent with the bat is abundantly clear. I could see him breaking into the Test squad next summer if he stays fit and focussed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Todays Metro paper says that SURREY'S Chris Jordan is in the squad

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Does Ashley Giles not realise that his best cricket this year has been with the red ball. With the white ball to say he has leaked runs is an understatement.

I also see not many Warwickshire players involved, funny that with Giles in charge of the one day side and Warwickshire starting to get into the title race.

But none of them (not even Woakes) can play this CC game.

While i'm happy for Wright and Jordan, this does end any remaining chances of us winning the title

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It does leave us a little short, although Machin for Wright is not a problem. But Beer for Monty and Anyon for Jordan less good.

That would leave us with RHB in the team though wouldn't it or Gatting. Beer and Anyon i'm all for, just not convinced about Hatchett. I'm assuming Khan is still not up to a four day game

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
It does leave us a little short, although Machin for Wright is not a problem. But Beer for Monty and Anyon for Jordan less good.

Up until Anyon got injured. He was getting wickets and bowling superbly earlier on in the season. I think he been finding his form and fitness in the Second Eleven and hopefully will be fully fit to fill Jordan Boots.

Don't write him off yet..............

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Up until Anyon got injured. He was getting wickets and bowling superbly earlier on in the season. I think he been finding his form and fitness in the Second Eleven and hopefully will be fully fit to fill Jordan Boots.

Don't write him off yet..............

The problem I have with Anyon is if he is not taking wickets, he is leaking runs. Jordan can be a bit like that as well, so the 2 of them together can roll a side over, or keep the scorer busy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here