Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amex! out of town?

Dandyman

In London village.
It's within the city/town limits.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Middle of nowhere. It may have a Brighton post code but it is definitely an out of town location.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Nope, it is in Brighton.

Quite a few new stadiums appear to be on the outskirts of town. Wigan, Bolton, Colchester come to mind. Stoke, Doncaster, Birmingham etc. seem to be a long walk from a central railway station.
No better or no worse access than the average to Amex.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
I would have liked it to be a little closer to Lewes but you can't have everything :albion2:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
absolutly, as an expression the "town" in the phrase means as in town centre. see out of town supermarkets/retail parks.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's in walking distance so certainly not in the middle of nowhere plus I thought we were a city now so definitely 'not in town'???

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Elland Road has a Leeds postcode and that's miles from the ground. You have to cross the motorway!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
If anyone has been to Barcelona and visited the Nou Camp then that I'd certainly some way out. I think the comparison is justified.....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only time the Amex seems a long way out of town is after a midweek evening game when there's 20,000 people near enough stampeding for a train back into town

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Elland Road has a Leeds postcode and that's miles from the ground. You have to cross the motorway!

Elland Road is miles from the ground? There's also a motorway running right through the centre of Leeds.
Btw it's approx 2 miles from the station.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Eastbourne has a Brighton postcode. The Amex postcode is on my location.

So. A stadium surrounded by rolling hills and countryside isn't an out of town location? It may well have a BN1 postcode but 'in town' it most definitely isn't. We've finished campaigning for The Amex-we can all tell the truth now :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here