Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GB man knocks out seed in US Open

May 18, 2013
Sorry, is it just me or does the title to this thread suggest something other than a sporting win...?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sorry, is it just me or does the title to this thread suggest something other than a sporting win...?
???

hiney.jpg

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
And I thought the photo of the guy knocking one out in his back garden was impressive.

This takes it to a whole new level.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Daniel "Dan" Evans (born 23 May 1990) is a British professional tennis player. He is the British No. 3 and plays right-handed. He made his Davis Cup debut for Great Britain in September 2009. He hails from Hall Green, Birmingham, England.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
And it's not Andy Murray but Dan Evans a qualifier who knocks out the number 11 seed Kei Nishikori 6-4 6-4 6-2. Great win: :clap::clap:

The Davis Cup home win against Russia a few months ago gave him a lot of confidence and he's had some pleasing results since

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought he cracked one off in Flushing Meadow, please be clearer in future

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Daniel "Dan" Evans (born 23 May 1990) is a British professional tennis player. He is the British No. 3 and plays right-handed. He made his Davis Cup debut for Great Britain in September 2009. He hails from Hall Green, Birmingham, England.
Cracking nick name.

All the imagination of a footballer.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I really like the atmosphere at the US Open – got open ground admission tickets for tomorrow. It’s good being able to mooch around some of the lower seed games in the field courts; it’s fairly cheap and it’s normally easy to get seats - and you can often see some superb tennis.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I really like the atmosphere at the US Open – got open ground admission tickets for tomorrow. It’s good being able to mooch around some of the lower seed games in the field courts; it’s fairly cheap and it’s normally easy to get seats - and you can often see some superb tennis.

Nice one, enjoy. I'd love to do Flushing Meadow one year. Whereabouts in NYC is it actually situated?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It’s in Queens, right by Citifield (the Mets baseball ground) with a subway station next to it, which is what I like about it – easy to get to and easy to get out of afterwards.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
British Number 3 - not that that says a lot really (I assume No. 2 is Jamie Ward, but I'm not sure). He played really well, and does hit the ball hard. Has got a tough next round though.

James Ward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here