Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was there a pub in Brighton station once upon a time?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yeah my a couple of my mates you to work there, I spent far too much time in their than I should have. Don't remember hat is as called though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, there was a grotty pub where M&S now is.

Had a TV with a ceefax type listing of train departures on it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was by Platform 1. quite small, but a handy place to drop in while waiting for a train. Probably shut about ten years ago?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It was by Platform 1. quite small, but a handy place to drop in while waiting for a train. Probably shut about ten years ago?

Use to pop in there quite often. Small and cosy.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Bonapartes?

Great shout!!

Wikipedia seem to agree with you:Marks & Spencer occupy the western side of the concourse, having opened early in the first decade of the 21st century. The M&S site had previously been occupied by fast food concessions and a bar. (From May 2008 to October 2008 M&S expanded into Bonaparte's bar area.)

Good grief, it hasn't been closed 10 years has it? :( Doesn't seem that long ago, life rushing by

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
In its later years, am pretty sure it tried to smarten its self up by having a fenced off outside area with tables and chairs, prior to this it was a small dodgy looking place very uninviting

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Good grief, it hasn't been closed 10 years has it? :( Doesn't seem that long ago, life rushing by

come to us all LI

It was run by Travellers Fare in the 80's, absolute shit hole
we used to use one on the left hand side in the 60's (west) and that was a shit hole then

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I met a girl in there once, it must have been around 1971. She was from Patcham, you know the sort.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
17051_2709_IMG_01_0000.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here