Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you recommend a nice restaurant in Brighton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd be most grateful for recommendations for somewhere pleasant, that has a good vegetarian selection, for lunch. Weekday. Central.

I haven't lived in Brighton for 30 years, so I'm a bit clueless (yes, you knew that from my comments about the football . . . fnar, fnar, taxi)

Cheers!

HWT

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Terre A Terre. Veggie-only. AMAZING food and special lunchtime deals. On East Street, in Central Brighton.
It's the winner.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cheers - instant number 1 in my most likely list. :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
As said Terre de Terre and Food for Friends, Terre is a bit special and excellent food.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just booked Terre de Terre. Many thanks, folks.

HWT

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
If you fancy curry, Planet India is your answer. Richmond Parade near St Peters Church. Amazing veggie food and I'm a complete carnivore!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Much prefer Food For Friends to Terre A Terre myself. But Iydea on Western Road seems to be the place that's getting all the lunchtime rave reviews now - though not so much of a traditional restaurant set-up.

Street Thai, Brighton Square.

http://www.streetthai.co.uk/

From the website:-

There are few places in the world where you can buy street food that not only tastes good, but is also safe to eat – Thailand is one of those places.

For Thai people and most visitors to Thailand, street food is the best and most authentic way of eating and experiencing Thai food with its wonderful fresh aromas, flavours and colours. It's also affordable, simple and super tasty.

Located in Brighton Square, in the heart of Brighton's Lanes, Street Thai serves modern, fresh Thai street food, in a cool and contemporary setting. Our light and airy restaurant is spread over two floors, with colourful graffiti of Thai street scenes bringing a slice of contemporary Thailand to Brighton.

Street Thai is open from 12 noon to 10.30pm, seven days a week.

From me:-

Very welcoming, good food, comfortable, good value - main courses around £7 - £8. Vegetarian delights available in all sections of the menu.

The menu:-

http://www.streetthai.co.uk/menu.stm

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here