Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upper NW corner

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Apols if fixtures, but does anyone know why this section isn't being used yet? Thought it was meant to be for schools/youth groups etc... Even if the club gave tix away free or very cheaply, they would still generate some extra dosh from programme and merchandise sales etc and may end up getting some new fans... Seems strange this hasn't been done yet.

With Mr Barber looking to maximise revenue at every opportunity, also wondered why there are still some empty advertising hoarding spaces - why can't the marketing department sell the empty slots? Looks a bit crap. If nothing else, they could use them for in-house ads.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Seems a stupid place to put kids and school promotions to me, right above the noisy sweary standing area, surely they should be in the NE corner?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Was thinking the same thing, would be a great view from there but it's never used
Would be great place to put The Brighton Band that Barber is introducing auditions are being held next week I'm applying for the drummer:rock:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Was thinking the same thing, would be a great view from there but it's never used
Would be great place to put The Brighton Band that Barber is introducing auditions are being held next week I'm applying for the drummer:rock:

and I'm making a special trip over to audition for the rhythm triangle gig

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I suppose school trips aren't going to start until the kids are back at school.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
The club doesn't believe in giving tickets away. It's thought to be poor practice and likely to lead to dissatisfaction from paying fans.

Don't agree personally. Would rather have a full stadium with schools or disadvantaged kids & community groups being given free tickets and maybe creating fans for the future along the way.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The club doesn't believe in giving tickets away. It's thought to be poor practice and likely to lead to dissatisfaction from paying fans.

Don't agree personally. Would rather have a full stadium with schools or disadvantaged kids & community groups being given free tickets and maybe creating fans for the future along the way.

Nonsense. See the post above yours.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I might be wrong, but I think the club said before the seats would go to groups at concessionary rates - so possibly not free. I know schools haven't gone back yet, but there must be other groups they can sell them to. Makes me think they are finding them difficult to sell. It would surely be better to give them away free or at a very small charge than to have them empty.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
There was even a steward there last game, so expect it in use when the next academic year begins :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here