Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking outside the stadium

I've looked for a thread on this subject but couldn't find one, so apologies if this is being repeated.

Yesterday after the match my friends and I were going from the West Stand to the North to have a drink and one of them had already bought a drink. He was told by a steward that Green Party lawyers had told the club that supporters were no longer allowed to take alcohol outside the stadium. When he said Green Party I think he meant Brighton and Hove City Council, but we got his drift.

I contacted the club, the council and Sussex Police to ask about this new 'policy' and only got a reply from @Suspolfootball, who said:

'@northstand88 this was a club decision to prevent alcohol going down towards station I believe.'

He didn't know about the lawyer from the Green Party!

Anyone else encounter this yesterday? Incidentally we were allowed to take our drinks outside for the Derby match.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I took a pint out of the stadium and walked down to the station and drunk it in the train queue. Had no problems, also did the same at the derby game

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Same here.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A friend tried to take a pint out of the ground to go have a cigarette in our first season there and he was told he wasn't allowed to take it the pint out.

Was the steward called Tim, perchance?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It depends if you get a jobsworth steward or not. Have had a pint out in the sunshine last season and have taken my pint between stands a number of times but wanted to go from the North to Dicks for one of the friendlies and jobsworth steward was very blunt in telling me I couldn't.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Away fans regularly drink outside the away end. Wonder if will apply to them too.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You dont stand a snowballs chance in hell taking a pint out from the North(east entrance) but its a different kettle of fish at the North(west entrance). You can always see away fans walking to the station with a beer.If there were regulations regarding drinking outside i should imagine they would be part of the Premises Licence,the "council" thing is balls,if the licence was to be changed because the council had requested it there would be due process and no doubt someone would have read about it.

im sure someone on here will be able to tell how to look at a copy of the licence

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't know why people need to have to take a beer down to the station, surely they can drink it in the ground and wait 20mins till they get to town ?
Think the OP was talking about walking from the West to the North

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't know why people need to have to take a beer down to the station, surely they can drink it in the ground and wait 20mins till they get to town ?

Harvey's is at it's best when lukewarm and served in a plastic cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here