Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the pitch been made smaller?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Probably just me, but it seems to me that the pitch has been shortened and pulled in a bit, anyone know if Oscar has changed the size of the pitch?

My friend reckons as we now have AstroTurf down its just an illusion. Anyone know otherwise?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We've had this a few times. No, it's still the same size.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
FWIW, according to the tour guides, it definitely hasn't been made smaller.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It always looks huge, just doesn't seem as wide, possibly just a different style of play. Sorry missed previous threads.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The paint on the west side touch line is about an inch away from where the grass meets the astroturf, it certainly hasn't been narrowed from that side.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
It's shorter isn't it? Sure the pitch seems further away from the fans at the southern end. Width is the same.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The pitch does look shorter, however this is because last season there were two rows of advertising boards at each end, but now they have taken away the row of adverts immediately behind the goal.

I hope these images help?

pitchsize.jpg

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
It's shorter isn't it? Sure the pitch seems further away from the fans at the southern end. Width is the same.

I have always sat bang in line with the goal line at the south end, and I am still bang in line with the goal.

May be they have moved my seat too? I don't think so.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I spoke to Barber yesterday it's a myth.

They have extended the grass at each end abit ready for the RWC.

But the pitch is the same.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Had similar discussion yesterday. My neighbour and I thought that we were almost in line with the goal line north end last season and we definitely are not now. But we decided that they must have moved our seats or it was what we were drinking.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The pitch does look shorter, however this is because last season there were two rows of advertising boards at each end, but now they have taken away the row of adverts immediately behind the goal.

View attachment 46402

I was going to mention the advertising but your picture(s) illustrate the situation perfectly-thanks.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

View attachment 46402

Spot on :thumbsup: The area of blue tarmac has been covered over with astroturf so it looks like the goal is further away, but it's not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here