Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guidetti, Falque, Barnes, Kane

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
All mentionedf on NSC in the last week or so, and all mentioned in the Sunday rags today.

Palace looking to sign Barnes for £300K.

Stoke want Gudietti and value is £5.5M

Falque gone to Spain for the season on loan.

Kane likely to go ut on loan.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Think we're looking for at least £3M for Barnesy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Massively unrealistic as only 9 months left on his contract

Aren't the club in discussions at the moment to extend his current deal ? The club could be thinking of an Elliott Bennett scenario , give him an extra 2 years and then flog him in January.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Aren't the club in discussions at the moment to extend his current deal ? The club could be thinking of an Elliott Bennett scenario , give him an extra 2 years and then flog him in January.

I'd imagine they are and can't see Barnes saying No and taking his chances in the summer. I reckon we'll sign him for another 2 years but will keep him at least until end of season and see where we are/what we need

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Think we're looking for at least £3M for Barnesy.

THINK THAT ABOUT RIGHT AFTER WE HAVE SIGNED HIM ON FOE ANOTHER TWO YEARS but we are talking palace here

I think a realistic figure would be 750k-1m.
see above
but then you might sell him for that anyway as you don't like him

but thats not that bad for a player who has been top scorer and we got him for 60k

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

They have offered him an extra year, doesn't mean he will sign it.

If Ash wants to go then the club will sell him this transfer window and I'd be surprised if we got more than 750k for him.

Also the reason clubs are interested might be because he is available cheap, if he signs a new contract then I'd imagine most would lose interest. Much better value elsewhere, for example Ulloa was £2m

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Would love to see Barnes go to Palace. £300k more than fair price. Was he missed yesterday?

Oh yeah, because we've got LOADS up front apart from Leo.
£300k buys you absolutely nothing these days. Certainly not a backup striker for a team with promotion aspirations.

Why not sell Liam for £20 whilst we're at it? Orlandi for a tank of fuel?
Were they needed yesterday?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Murray was out of contract and Palace offered him more money- we had no say who he chose to sign for. Dobbie was a waste of a shirt and the Albion were quite happy to let him go, wherever he ended up.

Barnes is an important part of the squad, so I imagine there is little chance of him being sold to Them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Murray was out of contract and Palace offered him more money- we had no say who he chose to sign for. Dobbie was a waste of a shirt and the Albion were quite happy to let him go, wherever he ended up.

Barnes is an important part of the squad, so I imagine there is little chance of him being sold to Them.

But if with their 'apparent new found wealth', given the amount they paid for the Peterboro forward who is decidedly average, how much do you think we'd consider?

I'd go for £2m. (Big Barnes fan, but everyone of our players has a price).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here