Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Time to Stop These Absurd Pretendances – Now!

0 Not allowed!
    When the 26,000 "official attendance" figure was announced yesterday, any of the usual polite clapping in the East stand was drowned out immediately by loud, raucous laughter.

What's wrong with the truth? Has the Amex been transported to North Korea? I half expected to see a giant picture of the Dear Leader, Kim Il Bloom, made up of a card display from the West Stand Upper. Followed by PA assurances that there had in fact been no rain, the Amex sky was blue and the Albion had won the Champions League.

This has got beyond a joke. Doesn't matter whether other clubs do it. Leave the accountants to worry about ticket revenue. The fans are only going to be interested in one figure: how big is today's crowd?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure why you care about either figure really.
      Struggling for breath at the top of the stairs

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gilliver's Travels View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      When the 26,000 "official attendance" figure was announced yesterday, any of the usual polite clapping in the East stand was drowned out immediately by loud, raucous laughter.

What's wrong with the truth? Has the Amex been transported to North Korea? I half expected to see a giant picture of the Dear Leader, Kim Il Bloom, made up of a card display from the West Stand Upper. Followed by PA assurances that there had in fact been no rain, the Amex sky was blue and the Albion had won the Champions League.

This has got beyond a joke. Doesn't matter whether other clubs do it. Leave the accountants to worry about ticket revenue. The fans are only going to be interested in one figure: how big is today's crowd?
      The only figure I'm interested in is the one next to BHA denoting goals.

But each to their own I suppose.
      I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own,

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      Not sure why you care about either figure really.
      Simple. Historically, crowds at football matches have always been reported, as one of the game's essential statistics. If these are now to be lost in a web of distortion and manipulation, this will be yet another indication of how money, rather than people, is all that matters in the modern game.

0 Not allowed!
      The Club monitor the precise time that every ticket is clocked through the turnstiles. The exact figure is therefore readily available, certainly during the game.

For some games, the figures have been supplied to the City Council - as part of the monitoring of the transport management plan. Maybe a Freedom of Information request to the Council would get a result?
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
      Sussex, Sussex not by the sea and actually nearer to Sevenoaks than the coast

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hillian1 View Post
      The only figure I'm interested in is the one next to BHA denoting goals.

But each to their own I suppose.
      Same here. Not so much different to books/records being judged on advance orders rather than actual sales. Surely if you wanted to fiddle anything you would go back to paying cash at the turnstile and mysteriously disconnecting a few of the counters?

On another note the attendance figure yesterday was around 1500 more than the equivalent Bank Holiday weekend fixture last year which I also had the privilege of attending.
      1 -2 and Arsenal are still all over the place!

0 Not allowed!
      We still only have a hardcore 8-10k support can't inflate those figures.

0 Not allowed!
      I still argue that the way they publish attendances in Italy is what is wanted.

Separate figures for:-
      1) season tickets sold (and the total value, in euros, of those tickets, divided by the number of games that they cover);
      2) tickets sold for the particular match (and the average price paid / total income received for those tickets, after taking discounts, concessions and complimentaries into account).

I'm sure these figures are gathered by English Clubs as well. Especially with FFP kicking in.

The end result is, of course, still only a "tickets sold" figure. But every club would be using the same accounting principles.
      Last edited by Lord Bracknell; 25-08-2013 at 11:38.
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      We still only have a hardcore 8-10k support can't inflate those figures.
      Right, ok,..... if you cant say anything sensible, don't say anything at all.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by somerset View Post
      Right, ok,..... if you cant say anything sensible, don't say anything at all.
      He has.
      Spielberg is GOD.