glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I know he fitted in well and played some blinders for us last season
but his mistake yesterday caused the goal that lost Reading the game

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He is no longer playing for his future and is on a decent contract on high wages. Perhaps his motivation has taken a bit of a nosedive, who knows?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Or perhaps it is a system he struggles with, or perhaps it was just a simple mistake. They happen to the best of us.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Or perhaps it is a system he struggles with, or perhaps it was just a simple mistake. They happen to the best of us.

He made a simple mistake in our play off semi as well, when it was largely known his future was elsewhere. Coincidence?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How was it largely known his future was elsewhere during the PO semis? I am sure he wasn't thinking get this game over with then I'll be off to Reading?

He knew if we didn't get promoted he'd get better offers with higher wages.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ward is looking like a good replacement and the big potential plus is that he should be good for two games a week due to being so much younger. I have been impressed with Ward in the last two games, maybe we are not going to miss Bridge as much as I thought when he signed for Reading.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ward is looking like a good replacement and the big potential plus is that he should be good for two games a week due to being so much younger. I have been impressed with Ward in the last two games, maybe we are not going to miss Bridge as much as I thought when he signed for Reading.
Ward + a winger was so much more impressive than Maxi + Barnes.

Hardly surprising 'square pegs in square holes' and all that, but nevertheless the difference was great to see.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's no coincidence that we've now got a decent left back, that we've managed to hold onto our leads in games and win. One player doesn't make a team and all that, but it was a weakness previously.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the midfield did a better job of covering our marauding full-backs, yesterday, compared to Derby.

All part of the work in progress.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That sounds a bit cynical/paranoid.

Hardly. I doubt he really cared whether we got promoted or not and who can blame him, he was only on loan and had proved his worth in this league, therefore his motivation to prove himself must have been far lower than when he initially joined us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hardly. I doubt he really cared whether we got promoted or not and who can blame him, he was only on loan and had proved his worth in this league, therefore his motivation to prove himself must have been far lower than when he initially joined us.

If we had got promoted through the playoffs, he knew he would be offered a contract by Brighton. He had said previously that he had fallen back in love with football here, so he had a motivation to do well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...therefore his motivation to prove himself must have been far lower than when he initially joined us.

what about personal and professional pride? dont be a mug supposing his only motivation was money, when he was on loan being paid by another club regardless. what we all saw last season was a player enjoying their game, that didnt stop for the last game.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If we had got promoted through the playoffs, he knew he would be offered a contract by Brighton. He had said previously that he had fallen back in love with football here, so he had a motivation to do well.

Yes, but what I'm saying is he knew he'd get decent offers elsewhere after being named in the Championship team of the season in a specialized position. He didn't have any particular loyalty to Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here