Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

607 Burnley fans - i don't think so

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
607 Burnley fans! having sat 30 metres away from them, there was between 250 and 350 maximum. No way was there that many unless each person scanned their ticket twice. Really can't see how that figure could be reached?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Think that's how many tickets they sold rather than how many turned up (as it is with us). Must have been a lot who looked at the forecast and thought twice about it

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
maybe they turned clockwise on the M25 and hit the bad weather rhen gave up
Crazy that east of the M1 it was torrential rain but to the west was little more than grey skies.

Certainly didnt seem to be more than 400-ish Burnley fans which is an incredible proportion of no-shows.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really, does it matter?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
607 Burnley fans! having sat 30 metres away from them, there was between 250 and 350 maximum. No way was there that many unless each person scanned their ticket twice. Really can't see how that figure could be reached?

I couldn't go yesterday but have just come back from my newsagent and two Albionites in there saying they didn't think there were 26,000 in the ground yesterday. How do they get these figures?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I couldn't go yesterday but have just come back from my newsagent and two Albionites in there saying they didn't think there were 26,000 in the ground yesterday. How do they get these figures?

Simples - by the amount of tickets sold (including STH who may well have been on holiday)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Around 23000 in the ground yesterday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Simples - by the amount of tickets sold (including STH who may well have been on holiday)

Careful that stat bloke will be on here spouting the club line.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are you factoring in the corporate burnley fans? Not saying they would make it up to 607, but 250-350 not showing up sounds a bit high, if there were a hundred or so in the corporate area, maybe it would make the non-attendees a bit more realistic.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think that's how many tickets they sold rather than how many turned up (as it is with us). Must have been a lot who looked at the forecast and thought twice about it

Must have a lot of spare money sloshing about in Burnley if they can afford to do that :nono:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Don't agree at all,don't think you're very good at judging crowds! We all said looked 5-600 from wsl-quite a solid block of them stretched over most of the away end!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Didn't look anything like 600, probably about half that amount.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Attendance is calculated by people who enter, not how many tickets are sold. The figures are accurate, you just need to estimate better. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here