Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway facing the sack

Sorry, another Palace thread, and strangely for me not an anti one.

I actually feel sorry for him if the papers are true, Parish is not happy with his summer signings.

How hard must it be to persuade players of a decent calibre to sign for a team who are almost certain to get relegated and play in one of the worst stadiums in the top two divisions.

CPFC2010 should take a long look at themselves and the facilities they are asking the manager and players to ply their trade in.

You can't polish a turd, you can roll it in glitter but it's still a turd.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If he was not happy with them, why did he sanction them? Blame himself for writing the cheques, not the manager.

I can just see this ending up badly for them - splurge their windfall on a futile attempt to stay up and end up back in Administration again.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But Albion lost their first two games of the season too! Early days but the narrowness of Palace's defeats suggests they've got more than enough to survive. Sorry.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
£100 says not

Declined. While £100 would be nice to soften the blow of Palace's possible survival, I don't want to be cheering their every point or win this season. :albion:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would love it if Poyet turned up there. On the one hand I can see it on the other I think they have to many of the wrong sort of players for Poyet........Jesus you can hear him moaning from day one how he can't compete with the budgets of the top teams in the division and how nothing is his fault....They are 95% certain to go down anyway, if Poyet picthed up there I'd have the family silver on it happening.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If he was not happy with them, why did he sanction them? Blame himself for writing the cheques, not the manager.

I can just see this ending up badly for them - splurge their windfall on a futile attempt to stay up and end up back in Administration again.

I think the point is, he hasn't been able to attract big names. Hardly surprising though, really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So, with the window now almost shut, what would be the point of sacking him?
Anyone they get in won't have the opportunity to attract players?

Sure it's bollocks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, with the window now almost shut, what would be the point of sacking him?
Anyone they get in won't have the opportunity to attract players?.
Or spend any money!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Holloway's form last season was fit for relegation and they were 10 minutes from missing out on the playoffs altogether. They won a couple of cup games and then got in the the Premier League. He not be there come the end of the season, at the moment they are putting in a good effort and losing by narrow margins, though I expect them to start to fade soon..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here