• Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Azure
The Lindley Group
Sodexo

Early days for Sodexo but not promising,Azure we all know about, The Lindley Group had 4 months and made great improvements and then binned.

Is the tenure down to just the margins the club gets or does service and professionalism come into it at all ? Who makes the decision ?

Good experiences from all 3 are welcome as well.

What would you do to improve the experience and revenue ?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Can't vote they are all rubbish! Bring back Hardings I know they only did hospitality at withdean but sure they could sort out the kiosk by adding competition between concourses . It's managing the staff they got captives audience just look after them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Another vote for the Lindley Group - binned for being too efficient.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There were great improvments in the second half of last season with TLG. Don't get why they were binned ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Because they made no effort with their pitch when it went out to tender.. They assumed they had it in the bag and the powers that be we're not impressed.

Clearly the powers that be are more impressed by flashy promotional DVDs and Powerpoint presentations than a proven track record of catering at the Amex.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
A vote for Hardings, give them a chance and they would show up what we are currently experiencing even just for the quality of the staff and service, which appears to be one of the major problems being fed back.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some tales from the ESU yesterday.

I ordered two pies and two Harveys, got served two pies and two Mars Bars.

When I spoke to one of the girls behind the counter she said they had al been given less than 15 minutes training on their first day their yesterday.

On my second visit to the kiosk the woman behind the counter serving me had no idea what a 'Harveys' was or what a 'Strongbow' was. I had to point at the beer sitting on the counter behind her, she then grabbed the first two she saw which was two Fosters. We got there in the end though.

The people who sit next to me said that all the pies had run out 40 mins before kick off but a load were still cooking allegedly. I heard a few others grumbling around the concourse about the lack of pies before kick off, and the people behind the counter not having a clue what was going on.

The funniest one though was the guy who bought a burger to find that when he bit into it there was no meat in the bun.

From what I could tell no one could get a pie before the game but after the game when everyone had gone home the racks were filled to the brim with them. :facepalm:

Early days I know but all in all the new lot have been the worst by far and its seems to be getting worse rather than showing signs of improvement. feel sorry for the boys and girls working behind the counter, they get all the abuse over it from angry punters but if they haven't been trained properly what do you expect.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Clearly the powers that be are more impressed by flashy promotional DVDs and Powerpoint presentations than a proven track record of catering at the Amex.

But would they have been the Mark Chamberlain of catering. Brilliant when they were playing for a contract. Gash once they'd got it?

Do agree though that Lindleys were best. Changed things very quickly and seemed to have it sorted. Was looking forward to further improvements this season but we've been relegated to non-league by the sounds of it.

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
most of the staff are agency workers i know a few and can confirm they were given hardly any training what so ever,

the turn around in staff is massive every week it seems to be a new person behind the bar

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Lindley Group Kiosk staff had a 4 stage interview process including 2 half days of training on all aspects of running an efficient and profitable kiosk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this poll based on:-

2 and a half seasons
v
Half a season
v
2 games 'proper' games?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
the firm used at the start of the first season at the amex where good, then it went downhill, then at the end of last season there was a good improvement, and now its terrible again.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
and the staff seem to get worse and worse, they are actually lemons, the bird yesterday looked at me with a blank expression and mumbled 'ehhh?' when i asked and repeated 3 or 4 times what i wanted (a bovril, hotdog, coke and a packet of crisps) she didnt seem to understand a word of english, and was super slow, and seeing as there was a till down she should of been hurrying up. she forgot my bovril to and laughed about it, if it wasnt such a mission to order in the first place and not held everyone up in the que i might of laughed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can only speak from 1901 experiences and the current catering is an absolute shambles but at least we get a big round table to sit at pre match, half time and full time and only have to buy drinks. BUPA lounge was very quiet when I arrived at 1415. Fans are eating and drinking elsewhere before they arrive these days, the club have to do something about this surely. The number of corporate diners had to be down by about 2/3 rds on the matches last season before they trialled the overpriced buffet idea.

I sat with 5 people yesterday who used to eat virtually every week last season. Two ate in Lewes, two had the buffet and two of us didn't bother with lunch at all. All of us said that if it was the same as when Lindley's ran the show we'd have eaten in the lounge.

Sep 29, 2008
LA on sea
sodexo v lindley

Hi all have been reading through all comments about the 1901 food to kiosk staff and best caterers so far , my partner works as a manager in the lounges and in all her 20+ years in catering and hospitality she can honestly say its very embarrassing to see the lack of training given to all the kiosk and lounge staff and when highlighted it falls on deaf ears. The food itself is definitely poor and overpriced with sodexo, lindley had it more or less right .Just glad I didn't take up 1901 and bring my own grub in . Its all very well giving these poor kids a part-time job for crap money but for god sake show them how to work the bloody equipment and the products they are selling!! you wouldn't want to board a plane and be told this is your captain speaking can someone tell me where the key goes to start the engine.:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here