View Poll Results: Best Caterers at The Amex ?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Azure

7 8.75%
  • The Lindley Group

67 83.75%
  • Sodexo

6 7.50%
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Best Caterers at the Amex ?

0 Not allowed!
    Azure
    The Lindley Group
    Sodexo

Early days for Sodexo but not promising,Azure we all know about, The Lindley Group had 4 months and made great improvements and then binned.

Is the tenure down to just the margins the club gets or does service and professionalism come into it at all ? Who makes the decision ?

Good experiences from all 3 are welcome as well.

What would you do to improve the experience and revenue ?
    Spielberg is GOD.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Can't vote they are all rubbish! Bring back Hardings I know they only did hospitality at withdean but sure they could sort out the kiosk by adding competition between concourses . It's managing the staff they got captives audience just look after them.
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS
      Rediffusion PlayerofYear Goldstone Rapper's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Another vote for the Lindley Group - binned for being too efficient.
      Seagulls TV - www.seagulls.tv - the Albion retro site - for videos, profiles, photos, stats
      The Goldstone Wrap - www.thegoldstonewrap.com - the Albion retro blog - for memorabilia and magazine cuttings - a new post every day!

0 Not allowed!
      There were great improvments in the second half of last season with TLG. Don't get why they were binned ?
      Spielberg is GOD.
      Pactum serva The Merry Prankster's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There were great improvments in the second half of last season with TLG. Don't get why they were binned ?
      Because they made no effort with their pitch when it went out to tender.. They assumed they had it in the bag and the powers that be we're not impressed.
      Half measures availed us nothing.
      Rediffusion PlayerofYear Goldstone Rapper's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Merry Prankster View Post
      Because they made no effort with their pitch when it went out to tender.. They assumed they had it in the bag and the powers that be we're not impressed.
      Clearly the powers that be are more impressed by flashy promotional DVDs and Powerpoint presentations than a proven track record of catering at the Amex.
      Seagulls TV - www.seagulls.tv - the Albion retro site - for videos, profiles, photos, stats
      The Goldstone Wrap - www.thegoldstonewrap.com - the Albion retro blog - for memorabilia and magazine cuttings - a new post every day!

0 Not allowed!
      A vote for Hardings, give them a chance and they would show up what we are currently experiencing even just for the quality of the staff and service, which appears to be one of the major problems being fed back.

0 Not allowed!
      Some tales from the ESU yesterday.

I ordered two pies and two Harveys, got served two pies and two Mars Bars.

When I spoke to one of the girls behind the counter she said they had al been given less than 15 minutes training on their first day their yesterday.

On my second visit to the kiosk the woman behind the counter serving me had no idea what a 'Harveys' was or what a 'Strongbow' was. I had to point at the beer sitting on the counter behind her, she then grabbed the first two she saw which was two Fosters. We got there in the end though.

The people who sit next to me said that all the pies had run out 40 mins before kick off but a load were still cooking allegedly. I heard a few others grumbling around the concourse about the lack of pies before kick off, and the people behind the counter not having a clue what was going on.

The funniest one though was the guy who bought a burger to find that when he bit into it there was no meat in the bun.

From what I could tell no one could get a pie before the game but after the game when everyone had gone home the racks were filled to the brim with them.

Early days I know but all in all the new lot have been the worst by far and its seems to be getting worse rather than showing signs of improvement. feel sorry for the boys and girls working behind the counter, they get all the abuse over it from angry punters but if they haven't been trained properly what do you expect.
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!

0 Not allowed!
      Who is reporting these issues back to the club?
      Sanibona!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone Rapper View Post
      Clearly the powers that be are more impressed by flashy promotional DVDs and Powerpoint presentations than a proven track record of catering at the Amex.
      But would they have been the Mark Chamberlain of catering. Brilliant when they were playing for a contract. Gash once they'd got it?

Do agree though that Lindleys were best. Changed things very quickly and seemed to have it sorted. Was looking forward to further improvements this season but we've been relegated to non-league by the sounds of it.