Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perhaps the greatest sight at the Amex?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Gordon Greer striding out of defence with ball at feet like a prancing thoroughbred racehorse egressing his warm stable into an endless green meadow where possibilities are endless and the sun sits warmly on the horizon.

Gordon may be slightly long in the tooth and a tad tardy, but the guy exudes elegance with ball at feet.

I think I now know why people used to bang on about Bobby Moore.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I thought it was the whole stadium waving goodbye to their keeper. Must've looked awesome.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought it was the whole stadium waving goodbye to their keeper. Must've looked awesome.

uploadfromtaptalk1377377701289.jpg

It did. Does my picture capture it? Not really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Duck knows what's happened to Greer tho. He's taken to aimlessly lumping it long half the time rather than passing short or playing the diagonal long ball he plays so well. Frustrating at times today. Played well tho imo.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Duck knows what's happened to Greer tho. He's taken to aimlessly lumping it long half the time rather than passing short or playing the diagonal long ball he plays so well. Frustrating at times today. Played well tho imo.

I put that down to a new philosophy, where we no longer pointlessly fart about with the ball at the back. If there's no easy short pass we now play it long and try to play our football in the opposition half.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How many empty (paid for?) 1901 seats are there in that photo? Shocking

Although are the seats behind the dugouts 1901 or club officials/player family seats? Either way I am surprised how many empty ones there are.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I found the keep ball of the last 15 mins more frustrating than anything. Yes we'd won the game but even so, with two wingers on the pitch, I would have expected more intent to score. I even thought about leaving early to avoid the long wait after the game as it was obvious we were happy just to keep the ball in our own half, I have never done that before.

This is not a moan btw as I enjoyed the game until then.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I put that down to a new philosophy, where we no longer pointlessly fart about with the ball at the back. If there's no easy short pass we now play it long and try to play our football in the opposition half.

Yet every time we (in particular Greer) played a straight punt outfield (diagonal has a slightly higher success rate) we lost the ball and gave possession away. I'd rather we were keeping it patiently at the back, waiting for the right ball to be on. I do however like the way we've quickened things up at times, just don't get the aimless straight hoof...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Many a time this farting about led to mistakes which led to unwanted pressure from the opposition.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How many empty (paid for?) 1901 seats are there in that photo? Shocking

Although are the seats behind the dugouts 1901 or club officials/player family seats? Either way I am surprised how many empty ones there are.

That's the directors box, not 1901 seats.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

What happened to Gordon Greer?
2 words - Matthew Upson

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Wait until CMS is fit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Many a time this farting about led to mistakes which led to unwanted pressure from the opposition.

Learn to keep the ball then. I prefer this approach than punting the ball up field. I want us, and English football as a whole, to move away from this lazy and simple approach.

Spluthleagues

Oct 17, 2011
After one of Greer's straight balls forward, Oscar called him over and it looked like he was directing him to play the diaganol ball to Kaz. This worked too!
I think we will see a lot more of this and with the pace wide and Ulloa's hold up play can only be a good thing. Teams will no longer be able to push up, as much, and put pressure on our defenders when we have the ball, creating more spaces all over the pitch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here