Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noisiest part of the ground?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Where is it? Ive relocated from WSU (b block) to NW corner not far from the judge. More vocal down there, and couldn't hear anything from anywhere else today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
North Stand by a country mile today. WSU used to compete, and often sounded louder than the North but singing from there seems very spasmodic these days and being in the WSL I virtually never hear the East. Maybe it depends where you sit

Oct 25, 2003
"it's the north stand"

"no it's the west stand wah wah wah"

this is what this thread will turn into

it's the north stand though (i had my first game in the EAST today, fairly near the away fans....it's definitely the north). When the west upper is in full swing it's pretty impressive due to sheer numbers, it's just not often enough

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
There was a bloke making mooing sounds today in the North. I hope he weren't having an attack of some sort and we all smiled at his cattling cries without rushing to help him.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
It's a shame the doesn't manage to sing together, v disjointed today, perhaps we need a drum

Oct 25, 2003
we do need a bit more coordination...if only to avoid this scenario:

"WHO'S THAT MAN FROM ARGENTIIIINA, WHO'S THAT MAN WE ALL ADORRRRRRRE, HGKAKGBJKAGBKBGAKJGBJABGKJAGBKABGKJGBKAJBGKJABGKABGKJDBAKGB, MORRRRRE"

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I knew someone was going to start one of these "who sang loudest threads?" (They always do).

I'm in Upper West. Sang sometimes. Other times, couldn't be bothered. Am I a happy bunny tonight? yes I am. Enjoyed the day. Mission accomplished.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
"it's the north stand"

"no it's the west stand wah wah wah"

this is what this thread will turn into

it's the north stand though (i had my first game in the EAST today, fairly near the away fans....it's definitely the north). When the west upper is in full swing it's pretty impressive due to sheer numbers, it's just not often enough

Exactly , and the thing is it's REALLY hard to judge as you can only hear a certain amount from certain positions in the ground - did the ESL for the Denmark game and the South Stand has such potential to sound brilliant from anywhere around halfway along the pitch , but sat WSL for the friendlies and the North Stand is also impressive , from the North Stand the West Stand Lower when on form sounds good ( bit harsh as ESL is full of kids , who despite given it their all , just don't have the same vocal ability).

No real right answer.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
'Singing' at football matches is a thing of the past... for me at least.

The only reason I come home hoarse after a match is from having to shout to by friends just to be heard over the ridiculous PA music. :nono:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here