Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

P & R queues after match much longer today?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Just be thankful you weren't in the queue for buses to Mill Rd. I thought I'd spend some time browsing the Albion store post-match and watch the highlights in the concourse before heading to the bus stop. Still ended up waiting half an hour before I finally managed to board a shuttle. Can't speak for the other P+R services though, although those queues seemed to be a great deal shorter when I headed for them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
walked up to coldean same as normal ..fiver for a driveway seems a good enough deal to me...and nearer than i normally parked ....oh and no match day prog..that money helps pay for my parking :whistle:

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
use racecourse p and r all the time and have noticed a massive increase in number of cars up there possibly another 50% more than last season

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The cycle rack opposite the shop was pretty full. We got there 15 minutes before kick-off and got the last two places - and that in the rain. Last season we were getting there 5 minutes before KO and finding spaces. Looks like a few more people are choosing to cycle this year

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Used to get the S bus, now signed up for the new bus service which works pretty well. Departure at 5:15 also saves the mad dash at full-time - not always easy with two kids in tow.

Sorry for going against the grain of this thread, just offering a different perspective. There were also seats available, if anyone was thinking of a different option...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
After my rant about the Mill Rd P&R after the Derby game I decided to try option B, train from Haywards Heath. 15 min drive to HH; parked 5 min walk from station; caught the 1407 to Lewes; changed to the Falmer train and at the ground by 1440. One hour door-to-door. As good as the drive and parking at Coldean.
On the way home however there was no chance of catching the 1701 to Lewes (which connects with a HH train) unless you leave the game early which I will not do. So waited 15 mins for the next train and then a 20 min wait at Lewes for a HH train. Door to door one and a half hours, no better than the Mill Rd P&R.
Will have to look at a Plan C for next week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After my rant about the Mill Rd P&R after the Derby game I decided to try option B, train from Haywards Heath. 15 min drive to HH; parked 5 min walk from station; caught the 1407 to Lewes; changed to the Falmer train and at the ground by 1440. One hour door-to-door. As good as the drive and parking at Coldean.
On the way home however there was no chance of catching the 1701 to Lewes (which connects with a HH train) unless you leave the game early which I will not do. So waited 15 mins for the next train and then a 20 min wait at Lewes for a HH train. Door to door one and a half hours, no better than the Mill Rd P&R.
Will have to look at a Plan C for next week.
Plan C should be picking up the Uni parking voucher that was on sale £150.

It's cut a minimum of an hour and 15 mins off our Mill Road P&R days, and most importantly allows me to leave home AFTER I have finished work!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Plan C should be picking up the Uni parking voucher that was on sale £150.

It's cut a minimum of an hour and 15 mins off our Mill Road P&R days, and most importantly allows me to leave home AFTER I have finished work!!

Was that a one-off or are they still on sale?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Train queue was longer however it appears narrower.

Caught the 17:16 to Brighton OK however at Brighton the 17:33 train to Southampton was closed for access at 17:27 which is frankly pathetic as it probably ran half-full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here