Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By 6PM North Stand Kiosks Had More Serving Staff Than Customers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not seen that before, other than in the middle of Winter when the North was like a walk-in freezer.

Very worrying that it happens in August. OK, it started tipping it down, but that should have led to more people taking shelter in there rather than less shirley? Dicks was also queue-free.

Think the club need to up the incentives for staying on after the game.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The prices are too expensive why stay if you can get a pint in the swan or in town a lot cheaper and not stood in a bland concourse.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
The prices are too expensive why stay if you can get a pint in the swan or in town a lot cheaper and not stood in a bland concourse.

Exactly. Plus i asked for a kronenburg and the lady gave me a beer, i asked if it was kronenburg and her reply "i dont know theres just a load of beers there and i grabbed any one" hahaha atleast shes honest. It was alright though

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
And that's with the East Stand Brasserie now closed to fans after the match, makes you wonder where the 250 people who usually drink in there went! Will be thinking twice about staying after the game, top work Barber.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I have stopped using the kiosks since being penalized for arriving later than those fans that don't have to work Saturday mornings. I buy my food before I get to the game now. Own goal Barber.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Sorry, but the Barber feelbad factor is starting to kick home and more people getting the heck out of the Amex rather than milling around is one example of it. He has a naive and formulaic approach to marketing that has apparently impressed the board up until now but he doesn't understand what drives a provincial football club and its supporters and when the results start to turn against us the Albion will suffer. Who knows if he'll still be around when that happens? He probably thinks we're all like Tottenham Hotspur.

Dicks was also queue-free.
The queues might have been shorter, but the service was incredibly slow - not through a shortage of staff, but because some of them simply didn't know what they were doing. Why did it take two whole minutes to identify the pump that was labelled "Harveys Wild Hop", only then to go and fetch a glass to pour it into - and then to return to the wrong pump and have to start again? And then for it to turn out that the barrel was empty? So start again, with the customer (the guy in front of me) having to choose what he wanted. "I'll have to have the ordinary", he said. "Ok" ... pause for action ... "Sorry. There's no Hophead" ... puzzled groan from customer ... "I meant ordinary Harveys" ... "Oh" ... and, finally, a beer is poured.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry, but the Barber feelbad factor is starting to kick home and more people getting the heck out of the Amex rather than milling around is one example of it. He has a naive and formulaic approach to marketing that has apparently impressed the board up until now but he doesn't understand what drives a provincial football club and its supporters and when the results start to turn against us the Albion will suffer. Who knows if he'll still be around when that happens? He probably thinks we're all like Tottenham Hotspur.

I'm afraid I think there's a lot of accuracy in this. There's many, many ways to increase revenue than just jack prices up or introduce "stealth tax"

I hope someone wakes up soon and starts to think about price and volume

Having feared the worst - from the stories told after the Derby County game - Roz and I came to the ground, fully confident that a pre-match pie would be too much of a challenge to buy. A little packed lunch was prepared, and it turned out to be very satisfactory.

Roz's son had more faith in the pies and tried to order one from a kiosk in the North Stand at 2.45pm. There were none left, "but we're cooking some more". He goes off to a second kiosk, hoping for better luck. But no. No pies there either. At half time, he decides to buy a beer (and one for me - good lad!), but this takes so long at the wheelie-trolley that there is no time to play hunt the pie. Eventually, hunger overcomes him and he sneaks out ten minutes into the second half - and achieves his pie, 85 minutes after his first attempt.

The cold meat shelves at Waitrose have no doubt won another customer. And the Club will continue to miss out on at least fifteen quid a game from the Bracknells. Sorry ... treat us like "customers" and we'll behave like customers, with choices.

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
My experience in WSU today with catering, please can i have a chicken balti pie, guy serving grabs a chicken & ham so i point out to him the next pie along was what i wanted (it actually turned out to be a chicken & chorizo but very nice it was indeed) I then asked for a snickers for my mate and was handed a steak & ale pie (classic) - service time was very poor!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have also noticed the last two home games the lack of fans in the virgin club before the game...normally by 2 o'clock it's heaving in there...but it seems they have stopped the burger and a pint for a fiver and also the car park is heaving , but not this season yet.

Btw if there was 26,007 bums on seats today I am a dutchman

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Btw if there was 26,007 bums on seats today I am a dutchman
If one in three seats were empty I'm a Dutchman's uncle.

The truth lies somewhere better the 2, resulting in a very good home crowd.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's not all bad.

Knowing that kiosks often don't have what you want and you don't find out until you are being served, I shouted across to ask if this bar had Harveys. Was not sure if I had been heard but the nice girl poured me a Harveys even though I was not front of the queue.

I waited for her to take some money but she had gone so, after a min or so, was I. Result!

Ooops, expect I'll now be tracked down and my season ticket cancelled!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here