Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last goalie sent off at the Albion

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My daughter said she'd never seen a goalie sent off before. When she said it she got me thinking: I couldn't remember one either.In 47 years of going to football, I must have seen one, can anyone remind me of the last time it happened at an Albion home game

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Probably Kuipers

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Last time i remember was the Yeovil keeper in 2009 when we trounced them 5-0 at the withdean. Cant remember jis nmae but i remember he was american with a bit of a funny surname. I think his first name was josh?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Kuipers got sent off when we lost to Udders 7-1

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure we all remember Digweed being carried off.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeovil is last I clearly remember. Didn't he have some God related tshirt on underneath too ?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not the first keeper sent off at the AMEX mind , the Danish under 21s one did last season I seem to remember.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Last time i remember was the Yeovil keeper in 2009 when we trounced them 5-0 at the withdean. Cant remember jis nmae but i remember he was american with a bit of a funny surname. I think his first name was josh?

I think I was at that game but I have no recollection of that, what did he do?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I remember Gillingham's goalkeeper being sent off against us in the AMC, they had to use an outfield player in goal (they'd used all their subs) and we still managed to lose a penalty shootout against them after extra time! Ron, Ron, Ron Fearon was in goal for us that game, remember him?

Great days, great days.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I take the credit for the taunt of "Where's your god now?" as the Yeovil keeper trudged off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember Gillingham's goalkeeper being sent off against us in the AMC, they had to use an outfield player in goal (they'd used all their subs) and we still managed to lose a penalty shootout against them after extra time! Ron, Ron, Ron Fearon was in goal for us that game, remember him?

Great days, great days.

I think it was the League Cup :)

The defender that went in goal was about 5'9" & we barely managed a shot after he went in.

And so began a long personal history of watching the Albion be bloody awful in that competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here