Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

milwall- just how?

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
milwall had to play in Sheffield Wednesdays away kit today as they forgot their own :facepalm:

p.s. I know I misspelt millwall

We had to play Reading in our chewit wrapper away kit at the Goldstone in the early 90's as both of their kits clashed with our home kit.

Oh and I think we lost 2-0.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We had to play Reading in our chewit wrapper away kit at the Goldstone in the early 90's as both of their kits clashed with our home kit.

Oh and I think we lost 2-0.

Yep. Reading's away kit was blue and yellow hoops, which is obviously very different to their home kit of blue and white hoops.

But still, if a ref can't differentiate between thick blue and yellow hoops, and thin blue and white stripes, that's a bit pitiful.

We should, on reflection, have made THEM wear the chewit wrapper kit.

Yep. Reading's away kit was blue and yellow hoops, which is obviously very different to their home kit of blue and white hoops.

But still, if a ref can't differentiate between thick blue and yellow hoops, and thin blue and white stripes, that's a bit pitiful.

We should, on reflection, have made THEM wear the chewit wrapper kit.

I think that was the general consensus in the north stand that day. Did we have that pinstripe kit at the time? If so, that makes the ref's decision even more bizarre.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think that was the general consensus in the north stand that day. Did we have that pinstripe kit at the time? If so, that makes the ref's decision even more bizarre.

I don't think so - think it was post-pin-stripe. Wasn't it the Tescos with matching shorts? NOBODY could get that mixed up with any other kit.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
I don't think so - think it was post-pin-stripe. Wasn't it the Tescos with matching shorts? NOBODY could get that mixed up with any other kit.

Reading can wear there home kit when ever they want something to do with the queen not that she is a fan,them and q.p.r.I think that's right could be wrong and yes it was 2-0 a young hislop played very well for them in goal.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its funny, I happened to be channel surfing last night and came across the 20 funniest football moments just as there were doing the Coventry v Chelsea game when Chelsea had to wear Coventry's away kit because they forgot their kit

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reading can wear there home kit when ever they want something to do with the queen not that she is a fan,them and q.p.r.I think that's right could be wrong and yes it was 2-0 a young hislop played very well for them in goal.

That is a myth.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
BScs4sCIEAEKF8y.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How hard can it be to make sure that when you go to an away game you have a kit that doesn't clash. Totally Micky Mouse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here