[Official Site] Oscar's Ulloa Honour

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1012406_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:39 24th August 2013
by Adam Tighe
I am happy and proud to have Leo as a player and it was a fantastic move for the second goal and a very good finish"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia has hailed the influence of top scorer Leonardo Ulloa after Albion secured a second consecutive victory in the Sky Bet Championship with a 2-0 win over Burnley.Albion’s Argentinian hit man made the first goal for Andrew Crofts and was on target with his third of the season in the second half, and the head coach is delighted with the form of not only his talismanic striker but his young players as well.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I am happy and proud to have Leo as a player and it was a fantastic move for the second goal and a very good finish. He puts in a lot of hard work to play the way he has been playing.
“I am very happy, not only for Leo, but for all of the players. We had many injuries today and we had to work hard as a team. We had no midweek game so we were able to train as we wanted."
Rohan Ince replaced Keith Andrews in the starting line-up, with the Irish international suffering a hamstring injury.
“We trust in our young players. I want to see all the positive sides of our players. We have had many injuries but we also have young players who want to improve.
“They are helping us at this moment and I am very happy with all of them. Today I played three young players and this is what we want to build here – to have many players from the development squad as soon as possible.”
Tom Heaton was sent off for two bookable offences although some sections of the crowd felt he could have been dismissed in the first half for a trip on Will Buckley, however Oscar admitted he is only focusing on parts of the game that he can have an impact on.
“The referee made a quick decision over the foul on Buckley and different people will have different opinions but only one decides, and that is the referee.
"From my position I saw Bucka with one touch and then a chance to score with no one blocking the goal, but maybe the referee saw another player closer to Bucka. I didn’t see from my position what the second yellow card was for.
“I want to focus on the things I can change and aspects I can influence and do something about. For incidents like this I cannot do anything, it is down to the referee. We have to try to play as well as we can and focus on our own play; not the referee.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here