Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When the Goalie is sent off

I think it is wrong that a sent off keeper can be replaced by another recognised Keeper. The replacement keeper should be an outfield player instead as it as it used to be. If a keeper gets injured then he should be replaced by another.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
All that would happen is that all clubs would register their players as outfield players.

SeagullsT0m

Feb 25, 2009
If a defender is sent off, the manager is most likely to bring on another defender; what's the difference?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
All that would happen is that all clubs would register their players as outfield players.

You could make a stipulation that a replacement goalie has to come from a player on the field at the time of dismissal and he cannot be substituted by a player from the bench. If he is to be replaced the same original rule applies.!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I don't see the issue with it, think how you'd feel if PIG was sent off. Decent teams should be able to make the man advantage count anyway

I don't see the issue with it, think how you'd feel if PIG was sent off. Decent teams should be able to make the man advantage count anyway

If our Keeper is sent off then the same rule should apply, he should be replaced by an outfield player. With the choice we have at the moment having Brezovan or Casper in our goal would be a massive advantage for the other team!

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
I have no problem with a straight goalie for goalie replacement but feel the game should continue until a substitution is made as in normal play.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's not broken, i see no need to fix it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I take it none of you are goalkeepers. Must be frustrating sitting on the bench for a game you have 0.25% chance of playing in and still having to get mentally and physically ready for.

Then when the regular goalie gets himself sent-off, imagine having your chance of action denied because the goalie now has to be some sap who isn't even a professional quality keeper.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Stupid idea. Let's say the goalie from one team and an outfield player from another team get into a bit of a fight and the ref sends both of them off. The team who had the goalie sent off would be at a massive disadvantage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here