Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC website quotes burnley..

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When people ask me if I like football, I say yes. I do like football. But not Burnley. Burnley can **** off.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Burnley like many other clubs suffered from the abolition of the maximum wage for players. In the late fifties and early sixties they were one of England's top clubs. Sadly for them they couldn't match the financial clout of the later big clubs. Their last great days were when they had Bob Lord as Chairman, Harry Potts as manager and a deadly English International striker - Ray Pointer.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Burnley has a population smaller than Crawley.

It's actually quite impressive just how many League clubs (or recently League clubs) continue to exist in what is, relatively speaking, a fairly small part of the world. The two big Manchester teams, plus Blackburn, Bury, Accrington, Rochdale, Preston, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Oldham, latterly Stockport, plus Liverpool, Everton & Tranny not a million miles away, and the West Yorkshire teams just over t'hills.

Lancashire is historically, something of a football hotbed. I have full admiration for anyone who loyally follows Burnley, or Bury, or Dale, when it would be extremely easy to become a non-match-attending United or City fan.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I never pay any attention to the BBC's view of the matches. I don't go for conspiracy theories but someone who works there must be anti Brighton for the amount of coverage (post Poyet) we receive.
And as for their managers take on the game...it's probably why Burnley were so poor, he wasn't watching the same game!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Probably right to be honest, we have lost confidence on the ball and give it away far to easy.

If you'd said that after the Derby game, I might have concurred. But yesterday showed clear signs that the players are getting the old confidence back, and I thought some of the passing was lovely at times. There were also suggestions that we may be starting to become more dynamic with it, ie the pretty passes around the back line might eventually lead somewhere more rapidly than has previously been the case (and I'm not saying that Poyet's style was disastrous, but it could be frustrating at times).

We didn't give it away nearly as much yesterday as against Derby- I think you need a little more patience (or new specs).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here