Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC website quotes burnley..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ridiculous, we kept it forever when they had the player sent off, just shows a lot of these statistics are utter nonsense.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Their away support is disappointing considering they've had 125yrs to drum it up.

Is it? Just how do they compete with Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Leeds within a half hour drive and at least a dozen equal sized clubs to them within the same drive time?

Trust me, as a Withdean Family Stand STH for many years it was never easy getting kids to support the local team and it's noticeable when you go away just how old the local demographic is at footie matches. We're very, very lucky that we have so many youngsters supporting us now.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Their away support is disappointing considering they've had 125yrs to drum it up.

Burnley is small, poor and surrounded by more interesting clubs, and places. It is a shithole.

I find it admirable that anyone would wish to follow them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Burnley is small, poor and surrounded by more interesting clubs, and places. It is a shithole.

I find it admirable that anyone would wish to follow them.

Agreed. Horrible club, horrible town, horrible fans but fair play for sticking by them. And they have a fantastic history and a rivalry with Blackburn that is as nasty and passionate as ours with Palace.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Agreed. Horrible club, horrible town, horrible fans but fair play for sticking by them. And they have a fantastic history and a rivalry with Blackburn that is as nasty and passionate as ours with Palace.

Yeah, a rivalry which never faded, even when the clubs' fortunes have fluctuated so dramatically. I remember when Burnley avoided relegation to the Conference on the last day of the season (only one went down, they finished second bottom...sounds familiar) and Blackburn fans had paid for a bi-plane to fly over Turf Moor with one of those plane-ads, saying something along the lines of 'Bye bye forever, love Blackburn'...well, something that yook the piss and was intended to rub salt in the wounds.

Two horrible clubs, two horrible towns.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Is it? Just how do they compete with Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Leeds within a half hour drive and at least a dozen equal sized clubs to them within the same drive time?

Trust me, as a Withdean Family Stand STH for many years it was never easy getting kids to support the local team and it's noticeable when you go away just how old the local demographic is at footie matches. We're very, very lucky that we have so many youngsters supporting us now.

Not my problem. Shit town, shit club.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Who sits there and times this stuff? Clearly not the case. Last 10 mins, I felt like leaving early. Upson to Greer to JFC to Greer to Upson to Calde etc.............

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It's been said before that only the Premiership possession stats bear any relation to the game.

I'm more concerned about how Dyche can say

"In the first half we had the upper hand and we started the second nicely on the front foot."

For me they were one of the weakest sides at the Amex, ever.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Blimey, I though I was.

Thanks for the heads up on my memory loos though,:thumbsup:

:smile:

Well in that case it's an even more bizarre comment to make. Our passing was very slick at times today and we looked more than comfortable on the ball. Much more so than burnley.

A good performance and comfortable win. Far improved since the derby game where the long ball was used on numerous occasions.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Well in that case it's an even more bizarre comment to make. Our passing was very slick at times today and we looked more than comfortable on the ball. Much more so than burnley.

A good performance and comfortable win. Far improved since the derby game where the long ball was used on numerous occasions.

I still think we are not quite on the wave length as a team at times, I guess Agustien still needs get used to the runs and traits of the players, I still think we did lose the ball stupidly at times, but yeah we also looked slick at times to, Im alot more optimistic about the season then I was after the first home game, were we looked like a route 1 team. Agustien and Ince had great games which I was pleased about, think they are gonna settle in nice.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

It isn't luck, it is accessability. We always had the catchment area, and now we have the opportunity to support the local club too. The whole future of our club is very positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here