Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Burnley (H)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Kuszczak-7-Kicking was much improved today I thought, other than that he had little to do
Calderon-8.5-Very good all round today. Always provides an attacking threat and defensively very solid
Upson-8-I thought the yellow card he picked up was very harsh, other than that played well
Greer-7.5-Played well and made some decent passes but why does he insist on having a go at the PIG every 5 minutes??
Ward-7-Solid, nothing spectacular
Agustein-7.5-Thoguht he dominated the midfield today
Crofts-7.5-Full of running and in the right place at the right time again
Lopez-6-Still looks very sluggish to me
Ince-7-Very good prospect, made some good tackles
Buckley-6-Fairly anonymous again
Ulloa-10-Won everything, created one, scored one, incredibly strong. I think he will be gone in January unless we are up in the mix

Subs- All had very few chances to make a mark as we were content to see the game out

Ref-5-Atoned for his horrendous error by sending their keeper off early in the 2nd half, other than that thought he did ok although some of the freekicks were suspect to say the least.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Kuszczak - 7 - Only had one challenging save to make, and took it well.
Calderon - 8 - Solid defending, was dangerous on attack
Upson - 8 - Solid today, nothing got past him
Greer - 8 - As above
Ward - 7 - Decent performance
Agustein - 6 - Has moments of quality, but often lets himself down with lack of sharpness, lost the ball several times today
Crofts - 8 - Tenacious performance, was key part of many of our best movements
Lopez - 6 - Tidy passing, but too easily shrugged off the ball, not as sharp as he should be
Ince - 8 - Bridcutt like performance, kept everything tidy in the middle, good passing, quality prospect
Buckley - 7 - Good runs and touches but let down by his finishing
Ulloa - 9 MOTM - Won almost everything that came to him, clever touches, quality head for the goal, great assist, great defending

I agree with all of this.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Greer - 8 - As above
Agustein - 6 - Has moments of quality, but often lets himself down with lack of sharpness, lost the ball several times today
Lopez - 6 - Tidy passing, but too easily shrugged off the ball, not as sharp as he should be
Ince - 8 - Bridcutt like performance, kept everything tidy in the middle, good passing, quality prospect
Ulloa - 9 MOTM - Won almost everything that came to him, clever touches, quality head for the goal, great assist, great defending

These.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Greer - 8 - As above

Agree with these although would have had Spanish Dave as a 5. Just seems to be pretty anonymous at the moment. Thought he was our weakest player today by some way.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuszczak - 6 - nothing to do
Calderon - 8 - his best defensive display of the season
Ward - 7 - linked up well with the midfield
Greer - 6 - struggled a bit in the first half I thought, with diagonal crosses
Upson - 7 - usual solid display
Ince - 8 - sensational first half, quieter in the second
Lopez - 5 - off form, needs games, guilty of ball watching at times, free-kick delivery better today though
Agustein - 6 - sometimes sublime, sometimes sloppy
Crofts - 7 - goal gave him a massive confidence boost, workrate was immense
Buckley - 8 - comfortably his best game this season
Ulloa - 9 - just a fantastic all round player - sharp intake of breath when he turned his ankle.

KLL - 6 - Ok
JFC - 6 - Ok
March - N/A

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I thought Agustein was one of our best players today, his passing needs some work but excellent control and dribbling.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Greer - 8 - As above

Blimey, I thought Agustein was way better than Spanish Dave today....still, it's all about opinions

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
I agree with mustafa, I would just like to add that Buckley looked a lot better today than in previous games this season. He had his best game for a while.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kuszczak - Thought he had a poor game seeing he had little to do , hesitated a number of times in coming for crosses . 5
Ward - Pretty solid and tried to get forward in the 2nd half a little more . 6
Greer - Not much to do and had a raging argument with Kuszczack during the 2nd half , not sure what over . 6
Upson - Neat and tidy all game blotted his copybook with a daft booking for backchat . 6
Calderon - Bloody love this blokes commitment another 90 mins of give all . 8
Buckley - Some dazzling runs and the odd touch of brilliance interdispersed with some poor tracking back at times . 7
Lopez - So far not the same player of last season very quiet game , subbed . 5
Ince - Not quite made my mind up yet but has potential and will only get better . 6
Agustien - A bloody nightmare of a player , you can tell he has premireship ability but then on the other hand plays a loose pass and we were on the back foot again , he looks like he could be superb one minute then dross the next , had a fair game though so . 7
Crofts - Looks like he is starting to find his feet again and some of his defending was excellent . 7
Ulloa - Masterclass of how to be a center forward superb all round display 10

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He hasn't got a clue in front of goal though! Beautiful pass by Buckley to put him one on one with the goalie. Still that was his only mess up.
WB was just returning the sublime reverse pass he got from Kemy, in the first half.

KA, is a major part of Oscar's work in progress.
He needs to be fitter, but he was still plenty better than v Derby, and there's still plenty more to come.

I thought he was a good 7.5 today.
He allowed Crofts to be very industrious even though it didn't seem to be working for AC today, obviously taking the goal aside.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
He allowed Crofts to be very industrious even though it didn't seem to be working for AC today, obviously taking the goal aside.

Really? I thought he was excellent today. Best I've seen him play since his return to us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really? I thought he was excellent today. Best I've seen him play since his return to us.
He certainly had a lot more intent than he showed (or was allowed to show) all last season.

He just seemed a bit wayward, doing great work in winning the ball, involved in some quick passing but then being the player responsible for losing the ball. He'd then chase through 2 or 3 Burnley players in a attempt to make amends.

Basically if it were possible I'd say he was trying too hard.

(there's no pleasing some people!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here