Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa Seeing Team Growth

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Albion top scorer Leonardo Ulloa believes Oscar Garcia’s side is showing real signs of progress.

After suffering three early season defeats the Seagulls responded with an excellent performance in a 1-0 win at Birmingham last weekend, and the Argentinean is looking for more of the same against Burnley at the Amex.

He told seagulls.co.uk,“At Birmingham we put right a few things we hadn't been doing well. We kept attacking the same as we had been but we defended better as a team and that's important, and you can see we are growing as a team.

"I thought we played better at Birmingham than we had been in previous matches, especially in the first half.

"In the first half we produced some great football, we defended well, we kept the ball, we got into dangerous positions and we had scoring chances.

“We are getting to know each other as games go by and we are improving.”

Ulloa also revealed there was real happiness within the squad following the opening victory under Garcia.

“We're happy to have got a win now for Oscar, of course, but not just for him.

“Also for the coaching staff and for ourselves as players as we had been working well, training well, and we were annoyed we couldn’t get the points.

“Winning didn’t come as a relief but we were happy because that result reflects the work we had been putting in throughout the week.

“What I have learned from this division is that all matches are very tough whether you play home or away but I think if we are on form and do things well, we can come out on top.

"But if we don't do something as we should, Burnley could be a very difficult game for us, so we need to play as we did at Birmingham. If we do that, goals will come at the other end.”

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/ulloa-seeing-team-growth-1011267.aspx#wJS8h2FeVS16dOM6.99

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
He speaks well doesn't he. If we see continual improvement on the pitch then we've got a lot to look forward to.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think the team looks pretty strong. Once they are able to translate OG's ideas on to the pitch we'll be a difficult team to beat, and in Ulloa we have a real gem of a player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here