Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Urine infection in men

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Hi, My father in law has a real problem with this at the moment. Any advice or tips to ease his suffering would be gratefully accepted. Cheers in advance NSC.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Dehydration allows the bacteria and viruses to thrive in the urinary tract. Make sure he drinks plenty of fluids, even if it means more frequent, possibly uncomfortable, loo breaks. Refer him to his GP, who may prescribe antibiotics to help flush the bugs out of his system. It's very common, and affects everyone of all ages, as I found out a few years back. Wishing him well :)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Only antibiotics will get rid in their own time. Volterol or equivalent NSAID takes care of the pain in the short term. Drink plenty of water. Some research should be done as to why this only appears to affect people at weekends when it's difficult to access a Doctor.

I had one a few months ago, it moved from my bladder to my nuts, for a week it felt like I was being kicked in the balls every 10 minutes.

I feel his pain.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
antibiotics is the only real way. some relief and prevention can be found from cranberry juice (proper stuff like ocean spray which is 25% juice), and avoiding dodgy, old out of date ales :down:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i would have thought the only course of action would be a visit to his g.p.....quick smart....failing that take him to casualty.

if it's a pain management issue then i would suggest an ibrufen based pain-killer or ponstan if you can get it.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Cheers all, I should have mentioned that he has seen a G.P. and he has started on the antibiotics yesterday. He's just in a lot of pain right now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Antibiotics and drink plenty of water (cranberry juice was recommended to my daughter when she had it).

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
yeh drink lots of cranberry juice (ocean spray is best, but watch you don't eat/drink anything else with a lot of sugar, as you will have an astronomical amount in you from the cranberry juice) and get the antibiotics down you, they work very effectively from experience

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
antibiotics is the only real way. some relief and prevention can be found from cranberry juice (proper stuff like ocean spray which is 25% juice), and avoiding dodgy, old out of date ales :down:

Cranberry juice

If he's on Warfarin, he mustn't have Cranberry juice even though it is excellent against urinary infections.

Telscombe Seagull

Aug 15, 2003
Burgess Hill
Cheers all, I should have mentioned that he has seen a G.P. and he has started on the antibiotics yesterday. He's just in a lot of pain right now.

As others have said, drink more water to help move thigns along, which having had one myself is the last thing you want to do when peeing becomes AGONY! :tantrum:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
May shock a few here but try a STD clinic i am not suggesting for one moment anything sleazy,but they really do check everything out.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Thanks for your advice folks. He's still pretty bad, hope the antibiotics start showing some positive effects soon.

yeh drink lots of cranberry juice (ocean spray is best, but watch you don't eat/drink anything else with a lot of sugar, as you will have an astronomical amount in you from the cranberry juice) and get the antibiotics down you, they work very effectively from experience
Is that why you chose your username?

:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here