Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last day transfer activity

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Anyone else feeling we are looking at last minute deals?
The market is stagnant and everyone's holding out to the last minute.
All our business will be done on the last day of the window / into the loan extension window the way things are going.

Think we will be ok but we have been close 4-5 times with some absolute quality in the last 2-3 weeks. Stephen Ireland being one (not everyone's cup of tea & deal not dead in the water) he would still do well in our system & compliment the way we play. Budget is tight no doubt.

Roll on Jim Watt.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Jim Watt?

The former WBC Lightweight World Champion who commentates on boxing for Sky Sports? Can't see him really being much use, he's getting on a bit...

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Hoping for at least one that will have a bit of wow factor, in reality I think we'll see maybe one in to bolster the squad. Wouldn't surprise me if we don't do anything and wait for the loan window to reopen.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
All our business will be done on the last day of the window / into the loan extension window the way things are going.

Think we will be ok but we have been close 4-5 times with some absolute quality in the last 2-3 weeks. Stephen Ireland being one (not everyone's cup of tea & deal not dead in the water) he would still do well in our system & compliment the way we play. Budget is tight no doubt.

Roll on Jim Watt.

Whoever Jim Watt is I thought NSC had roundly and unanimously rejected Stephen Ireland as being too far up his own arse?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Whoever Jim Watt is I thought NSC had roundly and unanimously rejected Stephen Ireland as being too far up his own arse?

....though I don't believe NSC has an influence on player recruitment!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Jim Watt?

The former WBC Lightweight World Champion who commentates on boxing for Sky Sports? Can't see him really being much use, he's getting on a bit...

White not Watt duh

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Roll on Jim Watt.

Interesting. Had assumed the Stephen Ireland thing was just chinese whisper confusion with the appointment of Simon Ireland as under 21 coach.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Think we should sign that guy from Doncaster, the One Direction (going down!) kiddie.

He will be crap, but imagine the screaming girls at the Amex! Atmosphere will not be a problem and guaranteed sell outs every week! :lol:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ireland won't happen.
What happened with Guidetti then Nick?
Some of the stuff you come out with is gold and some is turd of the highest calibre.

And yes, I believe we'll see at least one go out and at least one come in.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Ireland won't happen.
What happened with Guidetti then Nick?
Some of the stuff you come out with is gold and some is turd of the highest calibre.

And yes, I believe we'll see at least one go out and at least one come in.

Not sure what you are referring to I mentioned Konchesky about 3 weeks ago broke the news about Upson and Andrews before the argus. The other ones I've mentioned I clearly stated rumour except JG which I have no further news on hence no update.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not sure what you are referring to I mentioned Konchesky about 3 weeks ago broke the news about Upson and Andrews before the argus. The other ones I've mentioned I clearly stated rumour except JG which I have no further news on hence no update.

I was referring to the stuff about knowing someone who worked for Norwich. The Guidetti stuff too. And 'Poyet is off to a team with a Marina'
You did get Upson and Andrews right. That's what I mean-50% gold, 50% :shit:
Just wondering why so hit and miss?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I was referring to the stuff about knowing someone who worked for Norwich. The Guidetti stuff too. And 'Poyet is off to a team with a Marina'
You did get Upson and Andrews right. That's what I mean-50% gold, 50% :shit:
Just wondering why so hit and miss?

For the record I do know somebody who works for Norwich City. JG is still on the cards but once again that's all I know. Likelihood it's hit and miss is because it involves the volatile world of transfers of which you already know has lots of dynamics to getting a player to sign on on the dotted line. I'm happy to not mention anything

Ps what's the bit about Poyet??

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Ideally i would like to see another RB come in with Bruno being unreliable due to injuries and if Calderon gets injured then we are stuffed (i know Lopez and even Chicksen can play there) but we need an experienced RB.....i think another attacking midfielder and maybe another striker or two

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ps what's the bit about Poyet??

My memory may not be what it was. Sorry for casting aspersions if that's not the case. Someone (I thought was you) stated that they knew Poyet's next job would be a 'place with a Marina'

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ideally i would like to see another RB come in with Bruno being unreliable due to injuries and if Calderon gets injured then we are stuffed (i know Lopez and even Chicksen can play there) but we need an experienced RB.....i think another attacking midfielder and maybe another striker or two

Another midfielder? We seem to have plenty in that dept

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here