Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beware if upgrade in the Lower West

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
One of daughters cannot go tomorrow . I have two U 18 season tickets as well as my own. I called the ticket office this afternoon to upgrade the ticket from Junior to Senior (OAP) . They advised they cannot do senior , but will charge me full price for an adult . Fine , I thought that will be the difference between the price I have already paid and the Adult........ No . They want the full price of a new ticket , even though the seat has already been paid for. The person I spoke to then got a little confused as did not know if it was a Cat A or a Cat C game. So at this point , I have no idea if I have been charged £42 or £35!!!!

I told the guy I had upgraded once before and it was just a case of just paying the difference. He told me, as I sat in the Lower West (C) , it was a priority stand and therefore upgrades will now be charged at the full price.
I told him I had a P1 application , which I understood the P stood for priority .

So basically if you are a priority customer sitting in a priority section , you will be charged over the odds.

I have written to the club and explained I have been supporting this club since 1971 , have been a season ticket holder at the Goldstone since 1983, a season ticket holder at Gillingham from 1997 -1999 and a Withdean season ticket holder from 1999. One of the loyal thousands who kept this club afloat to ensure we can still watch our beloved football team turn out every season.
I fear the creative genius who created this extra money grabbing policy have not even heard of Withdean , let alone the Goldstone.

There is FFP and there is blatant extortion.

I await their reply .

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I upgraded in East Lower today and paid the difference between the STH price and the full price only. An(other) benefit of the family stand!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That does seem a little odd.
It would be nice if the situation was never abused, but what's to stop everyone reserving an under 10 seat, then just upgrading it for £20 when they fancy going to a game.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It's an absolute farce. The club are beginning to tread on very thin ice with all their money-grabbing - let me know on Tuesday what they come back to you with, M-Dog!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I upgraded in East Lower today and paid the difference between the STH price and the full price only. An(other) benefit of the family stand!
Is that just the FS or did the OP encounter a genuine mistake in the ticket office?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
It would be nice if the situation was never abused, but what's to stop everyone reserving an under 10 seat, then just upgrading it for £20 when they fancy going to a game.

Although true, I'm sure that the club could come up with something that stated that if the seat was used for less than 50% of the time at its purchased level it is taken away from the STH for the following season (for example).

Have to admin, though, the whole "priority stand" thing is new to me. Any link to news about it?

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Although true, I'm sure that the club could come up with something that stated that if the seat was used for less than 50% of the time at its purchased level it is taken away from the STH for the following season (for example).

Have to admin, though, the whole "priority stand" thing is new to me. Any link to news about it?

The guy I spoke to went away and left me on hold for a good three minutes .Clearly being advised what to say. I told him the only other time I had upgraded , I was only charged the difference .He asked if that was the Derby game . It wasn't ,it was last season . So looks like a new initiative .

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The guy I spoke to went away and left me on hold for a good three minutes .Clearly being advised what to say. I told him the only other time I had upgraded , I was only charged the difference .He asked if that was the Derby game . It wasn't ,it was last season . So looks like a new initiative .

Publicise it and they'll soon retract the policy (if it even is a policy, rather than a mistake)

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Publicise it and they'll soon retract the policy (if it even is a policy, rather than a mistake)

Oh , I will . This is just blatent piss taking over a part of the fan base who they know will not take their 'custom' elsewhere .

I am not a customer (although what other company would treat its customers in this way) I am a supporter and will always be a supporter . That does not give them the right to rip me or anybody else off !!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh , I will . This is just blatent piss taking over a part of the fan base who they know will not take their 'custom' elsewhere .

I am not a customer (although what other company would treat its customers in this way) I am a supporter and will always be a supporter . That does not give them the right to rip me or anybody else off !!!!
But do people have the right to rip the club off, with fraudulent S/T upgrades?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I've not actually tried it, but I've noticed when I go in with my son with his U16 season ticket, the orange light comes on, but once when I went with my Dad when he had a Senior ticket, the exact same light comes on. I guess the orange light just signifies some kind of concession, without specifying which. Might have gotten away with a Senior using a Junior ticket.

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
But do people have the right to rip the club off, with fraudulent S/T upgrades?

Do you know if that is true? Certainly not me . Twice in three seasons is fair . I do not want an empty seat ,when I have an oppurtunity to fill it with someone who may after this match be bitten by the same bug as you and I and become a regular.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not actually tried it, but I've noticed when I go in with my son with his U16 season ticket, the orange light comes on, but once when I went with my Dad when he had a Senior ticket, the exact same light comes on. I guess the orange light just signifies some kind of concession, without specifying which. Might have gotten away with a Senior using a Junior ticket.
Oh I think you have a point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you know if that is true? Certainly not me . Twice in three seasons is fair . I do not want an empty seat ,when I have an oppurtunity to fill it with someone who may after this match be bitten by the same bug as you and I and become a regular.

I have no idea, that was just my instant reaction as to a reason for the policy, assuming it is and not just a mistake.

For what it's worth I agree with you.
But I do fail to see what being a S/T holder in 1983 has to do do with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here