Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing Your Team's Shirt On Holiday

el punal

I've just come back from a holiday in Majorca, very nice thank you very much, staying in a "no children" hotel. What puzzled me were the number of men of a certain age wearing their team shirt at every opportunity - Spurs, West Ham, Oxford, Middlesbrough, Chelsea, Man.Utd and a few more.

But the best, or worst, was Mr.Celtic who, at every meal time, would wear a different Celtic shirt - home, away, 2nd choice, 3rd choice etc. And when by the poolside bar, yes you've got it - the full array of Celtic SHORTS!

Now, I love the Albion dearly and have supported them for nearly 50 years, but will only wear my team shirt on match days or those special days when we win promotion. And, when out in public, my discreet polo shirt.

Your views on shirt wearing?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Should be illegal if you're over 14. End of.

I guess that's that then. If anyone else has an opinion, it clearly doesn't matter or count :rolleyes:

Yoda

English & European
I may wear one during the heat of the day as they seem to have a cooling effect, but in the evening, NO CHANCE!!! (unless I'm in a sports bar watching football)

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
many seek an identity when their work life is not happening (e.g on holiday) - and the voice inside starts to tell some they have no identity - then some rush quickly for a show of 'who they are' by showing an allegance to a football team. It is almost religious.

an identity is pretty much folly and a childish illusion really....the taoist would say 'be nothing,' but hey, football is pretty special, and grabs people that way.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
Just got back from Spain and I noticed this in our hotel. I think I saw guys in Celtic, Man U and West Ham. It is a bit odd, I only tend to wear mine to games and around the house every now and then.
I did wear a Valencia shirt I bought 6 years ago though one evening which went down pretty well with locals.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Football shirt on a night out are you mad, generally the names of the teams you have listed will give away that these teams have classless supporters and thus will wear only old shit when out for a night.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It serves a very useful purpose, it identifies the people to avoid and who to release any stress on although it can piss off your other half somewhat. I was working in Malaysia last month and every single time we went out we saw hundreds of Man U shirts. I must have come across as having chronic Tourette's because I was muttering w*nk*r...plastic c*nt...tw*t...c*nt...glory-hunting pr*ck....

I take hating plastic Man U fans VERY seriously. My girlfriend was not impressed.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
I think people should crawl out of their own asses.
What people wear is their own personal choice and one that they are perfectly within their rights to make.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What people wear is their own personal choice and one that they are perfectly within their rights to make.

Of course they are but we're also entitled to our own opinions of people who wear ...say socks with sandals or pony tail with receding hair line..actually any bloke with a pony tail...or their trousers hanging halfway down their arse or a poxy Celtic top.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
celtic you say ? in front of children?I NEED A POLICEMAN NOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

This
Do want you want in life and don't let the *******s get you down
So many on here go on about cringeworthy songs support and people with scarfs flags etc
I might wear FULL KIT tomorrow shirt shorts & socks oh no I can't because then id be called a FULL KIT WANKER

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This
Do want you want in life and don't let the *******s get you down
So many on here go on about cringeworthy songs support and people with scarfs flags etc
I might wear FULL KIT tomorrow shirt shorts & socks oh no I can't because then id be called a FULL KIT WANKER

That doesn't make sense. First you say you don't care what people say and then you can't wear what you want because of what people will say.

Look, if you want to wear a full kit tomorrow then go for it. You say it doesn't bother you so fair enough but please don't tell us that we're not allowed to call blokes like this a w*nker. He is a w*nker, he's a full kit w*nker.

2s0iwk7.jpg

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
That doesn't make sense. First you say you don't care what people say and then you can't wear what you want because of what people will say.

Look, if you want to wear a full kit tomorrow then go for it. You say it doesn't bother you so fair enough but please don't tell us that we're not allowed to call blokes like this a w*nker. He is a w*nker, he's a full kit w*nker.

2s0iwk7.jpg

I was just being sarcastic about full kit wankers (I don't really own shorts & socks)

el punal

2s0iwk7.jpg
I'm pleased to say that he was NOT in my hotel!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I guess that's that then. If anyone else has an opinion, it clearly doesn't matter or count :rolleyes:

Absolutely - I'm a very liberal person who will listen to anyone's point of view on any subject. Except this. And kids in pubs. Both so wrong.

Anyway, do you want me to buy a sim card from your link or not?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here