Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Musicians

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
Can any of you recommend any good open mic nights? Thanks boys and girls. And let us know what YOU play.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
They used to do one on a Sunday at the Fiddler's Elbow (not sure if they still do as I no longer live in the area) for acoustic acts. Very relaxed, positive atmosphere. Played there and had a blast. The Worlds End is also a nice pub to play at albeit a bit noisy if the uni students are in.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Sunday afternoons at the Senlac, Battle. From about 4:30.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ah, open mic. My first ever gig was an open mic night, at the Inn on The Prom in Worthing. They asked us back and did 6 weeks running. That was about 25 years ago though.

Saw many a decent act in there, and a few shoddy ones. Limehouse Lizzy were/are the best tribute act I've ever seen (I don't normally do tribute acts), they played there a few times. Saw lots of local acts too, did 'From the Jam' originate locally? SusSex Pistols were not so good, but now it's long time closed, part of the next door hotel now.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Saw many a decent act in there, and a few shoddy ones. Limehouse Lizzy were/are the best tribute act I've ever seen (I don't normally do tribute acts), they played there a few times. Saw lots of local acts too, did 'From the Jam' originate locally? SusSex Pistols were not so good, but now it's long time closed, part of the next door hotel now.

I seem to remember being asked to "play quietly" so we ddn't disturb the hotel residents upsairs. Not too easy for a 5 piece band to play quietly !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I seem to remember being asked to "play quietly" so we ddn't disturb the hotel residents upsairs. Not too easy for a 5 piece band to play quietly !

Wasn't easy for Limehouse either :guitar:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here