Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Millard

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Not seen anything official, but various sources on Twitter (one connected with SkySports) are saying Tony Millard has passed away.

The voice of the Seagull Line, for those of us vintage enough to have frittered away many multiples of 35p per minute on it.

Wow that feels like an end of an era

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
A few more tweets about it popping up now, mostly from people with connections to local cricket.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
On the Goodbye Goldstone video they had Millard's commentary on Reinelt's goal at Hereford and it was just as passionate as Proudfoots commentary on Storer's goal the week before. RIP.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This is the Sussex Sports Line 0898 800 609.......etc

RIP TM

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
RIP.

"The sad news for Albion fans today is that..."

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I seem to recall he was a fan of the classic commentator's sheepskin jacket :clap2:

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Tony Millard was very much part of the glory years. I once raced against him in a Banger Race at Arlington and my claim to fame was that I clipped him on the rear offside and fenced him. He got back on the tarck to try and get even! A really great bloke and genuinely nice guy. RIP Tony

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
His drunken commentary on Radio Brighton as the Albion players arrived back at Brighton station from Newcastle was a classic. Another Albion legend passes - RIP Tony.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here