Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Purchasing Beers Online.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Hi,

I'm always interested in trying new beers, from various places around the world. And so am tempted by websites which claim to offer large variety of beers.
Has anyone on here had any experience with these websites ?
A simply google search throws up several options but as an discerning customer would do I like to research a source.

Thanks,
Sam

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I order from Brewdog. They obviously stock their own stuff but have a changing selection of world wide guest craft beers as well.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've ordered some Belgian beer from beermerchants.com, they've got a pretty big selection with decent service and a bit cheaper than buying from a shop. You need to buy a fair bit to justify the delivery charge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do they have a minimum order / delivery charge?

There is a fixed price delivery charge for a case of 24. I think it is £7. Once you pay this you can buy between 1 to 24 bottles...obviously makes sense to get a full case. I shall be tucking into my recent delivery shortly. If you suffer from insomnia move over the Craft Beer later where I shall report on my progress.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
There is a fixed price delivery charge for a case of 24. I think it is £7. Once you pay this you can buy between 1 to 24 bottles...obviously makes sense to get a full case. I shall be tucking into my recent delivery shortly. If you suffer from insomnia move over the Craft Beer later where I shall report on my progress.

I'm working in a pub at the moment so will have a look after work tonight. I have only had the dead pony club. Are the rest of their range to a similar standard?

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
My kids (grown up) went through a stage of buying me a case from a company called "Beer Ritz", for my birthday. They seemed to have a good selection. Haven't had one for a while though.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I purchased a couple of crates of Tusker which is a Kenyan lager from one of these sites. Arrived when promised and overall good service. Cant remember the uk company but will post if I remember.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My kids (grown up) went through a stage of buying me a case from a company called "Beer Ritz", for my birthday. They seemed to have a good selection. Haven't had one for a while though.

Many an hour was spent in the Beer Ritz shop in York when I was at uni, a great source of quality beers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm working in a pub at the moment so will have a look after work tonight. I have only had the dead pony club. Are the rest of their range to a similar standard?

I actually think Dead Pony is the weaker of their range but then I like bigger flavours. They have a varied range of ales and porters but yes all their beers are pretty good and big and robust. Punk IPA is a bigger version of Dead Pony. 5am Saint is a fantastic amber ale. Their porters are good and they have some great double IPAs.

Partial to Summer Lighting and have ordered from Hop Back brewery a couple of times now that it is no longer stocked by supermarkets. They no doubt make a better profit selling it direct and good luck to them.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Many an hour was spent in the Beer Ritz shop in York when I was at uni, a great source of quality beers.

Cracking shop. 1 in Headingley is very good too. They sell a lot of Breweriana, especially Belgian beer gifts sets with some fancy glasses too - including one of my favourites Kwak - lethal stuff! image.jpg

Cracking shop. 1 in Headingley is very good too. They sell a lot of Breweriana, especially Belgian beer gifts sets with some fancy glasses too - including one of my favourites Kwak - lethal stuff! View attachment 46347

Seconded! Bloody good stuff! If you get a chance Rochefort 10, although a bit pricey, they sell it in Haywards Heath. Rodenbach Grand Cru is within budget. Anyone know where I can get Gouden Carolus? Just well darn tasty...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here