Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Print at Home Tickets

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ring the club, order the tickets, tell them you'll print them at home, then deduct £2 from your credit card bill for the privilege.

D

Deleted member 22389

Still gotta pay for the privilege though

My thinking is that when you process a payment through the website, the payment goes through a 3rd party payment providor much like PayPal, they are the ones who charge the commission and not the club.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My thinking is that when you process a payment through the website, the payment goes through a 3rd party payment providor much like PayPal, they are the ones who charge the commission and not the club.

But you must admit that it is strange that technological advancements cost the punter more. I thought the idea of doing away with shops and staff would bring prices down.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
But you must admit that it is strange that technological advancements cost the punter more. I thought the idea of doing away with shops and staff would bring prices down.

Ah, but how much would it have gone up if we didn't have those advancements?

No idea if people are being gouged or if it's just the basic cost of things, but I do know that when I've worked with credit card processors their fees are a very noticeable part of my costs. Roll on the revolution (of whichever colour).

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

It is but that is what has happened to most sites/venues that sell tickets for live acts.

Perhaps it needs the government to step in like they did to legislate against the budget airlines that forced people to use credit cards or charged admin. fees on debit cards.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah, but how much would it have gone up if we didn't have those advancements?

No idea if people are being gouged or if it's just the basic cost of things, but I do know that when I've worked with credit card processors their fees are a very noticeable part of my costs. Roll on the revolution (of whichever colour).

Does anyone know how the EC (electronic cash) payment process differs from regular debit/credit cards? And why is it not available in the UK? I use this option as its free for train, flight and gig tickets.

D

Deleted member 18477

Print at home tickets - beats queuing. Great stuff for the last minute fan.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Does anyone know how the EC (electronic cash) payment process differs from regular debit/credit cards? And why is it not available in the UK? I use this option as its free for train, flight and gig tickets.

Isn't EC equivalent to debit cards? They more often carry no charge in the UK, either.

Although credit card surcharge and booking fee now appear to be different things in the wonderful online multi-stage payment process. Every step takes another pound or two...

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Why don't they offer this all the time rather than the last few days before the game?

Hoping that this is because they have just got it working. Anyone looked to see if you can do it for future games?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Isn't EC equivalent to debit cards? They more often carry no charge in the UK, either.

Although credit card surcharge and booking fee now appear to be different things in the wonderful online multi-stage payment process. Every step takes another pound or two...

The mechanism of payment, from my end, seems very different to a debit card though. It takes longer to go through for starters. Also, many shops accept EC but refuse VISA debit cards. So I do not think they are the same. The Germans certainly make a clear distinction between the two. I just wonder why debit cards come with a payment fee and EC do not. And why dont more (all) UK vendors switch to EC?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
A full colour pack of Epson printer ink cost £35 plus. Probably print about half a dozen tickets. Epson out, Barber out. :sheep: It's going to be pissing down tomorrow as well, don't forget to keep your printed tickets dry or they probably won't work if they're wet.
Sometimes I get so angry...................:shootself:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here