Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC Burnleys most famous supporter.....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
helen-worth-gail-image-1-433384415-1584352.jpg

No disrespect Gail, you may be one of the most respected actresses in the UK, neigh the World, and something of a fox in your day (hubba, hubba), but your boys are going to take one helluva beating tomorrow.

Oscar and the boys will be full of confidence tomorrow after our impressive demolition of Birmingham last weekend and will be looking to show the home support how much they are improving and smash your black and white northern rabble.

Come on, there's still tickets left, lets roar the team onto a vital 3 points tomorrow and do your bit to help the club escape the perils of FFP.

:ascarf:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Alastair Campbell.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I went out with a Burnley fan when I was in my 2nd year at university. She's not famous, but was quite dirty, especially for a 21 year old.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Who? Surely Alistair Campbell is the most well-known Burnley supporter?

EDIT: beaten to it :thumbsup:

I reckon more people in Britain would recognise a picture of Gail Tyldsley over Alistair Campbell. Supposedly Prince Charles is also a big Burnley fan but I couldn't corroborate this information with my key source on famous football supporters.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think the description that she is a well respected actress firmly puts the post in the category of sarcasm. And everyone knows Ali Campbell is the most well known supporter of Burnley, surely?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I reckon more people in Britain would recognise a picture of Gail Tyldsley over Alistair Campbell. .

But Gail is not a Burnley supporter, Helen Worth is (I assume that you know this to be true) - how many people would recognise the name? Clearly you didn't as you've only used the character's name... twice.

I'd have thought James Anderson was an even bigger name than Campbell or Worth

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think the description that she is a well respected actress firmly puts the post in the category of sarcasm. And everyone knows Ali Campbell is the most well known supporter of Burnley, surely?

No, Ali Campbell supports Birmingham City.

D

Deleted member 18477

Jimmy Anderson - the best bowler in the world.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Beat me to it ! Jimmy always slips in a mention of Burnley when he can.

I dare say Alistair Campbell will honour The Amex with his presence tomorrow. He's been at the game for the last two seasons.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
But Gail is not a Burnley supporter, Helen Worth is (I assume that you know this to be true) - how many people would recognise the name? Clearly you didn't as you've only used the character's name... twice.

:lolol:

Jimmy Anderson, a decent bowler in an England team made up almost exclusively of Public School boys. He is definitely not more famous than Gail Tyldesley, she is a Burnley fan as I remember an episode in the early 90's where she was wearing a Burnley scarf, and left her daughter with Alma as she was off to Turf Moor.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
helen-worth-gail-image-1-433384415-1584352.jpg

No disrespect Gail, you may be one of the most respected actresses in the UK, neigh the World, and something of a fox in your day (hubba, hubba), but your boys are going to take one helluva beating tomorrow.

Oscar and the boys will be full of confidence tomorrow after our impressive demolition of Birmingham last weekend and will be looking to show the home support how much they are improving and smash your black and white northern rabble.

Come on, there's still tickets left, lets roar the team onto a vital 3 points tomorrow and do your bit to help the club escape the perils of FFP.

:ascarf:

"Black and white Northern rabble"?

Claret and blue maybe? Or am I missing something?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

Jimmy Anderson, a decent bowler in an England team made up almost exclusively of Public School boys. He is definitely not more famous than Gail Tyldesley, she is a Burnley fan as I remember an episode in the early 90's where she was wearing a Burnley scarf, and left her daughter with Alma as she was off to Turf Moor.

Tilsley.

Unless the character is a mysterious relative of Clive.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Crodo Thread Fail. :lol:

ps And the answer is John Kettley. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cowfold Seagull;5900002. HRH supports Burnley Polo Club. .[/QUOTE said:
Great venue for a Polo Club too

Paying the bills