Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vapour Trail Elm Grove

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Has anyone purchased any electronic cigarette devices from here before? Ill be paying a visit tomorrow so I'm just after some product recommendations.

I've been on the nicolittes for some time now however the refills are currently costing me £6.95 a day (no longevity in them at all) and the battery life is pitiful (approximately 3 hours use before recharge)

I'm after a liquid refill device on this occasion with a decent long lasting battery

Cheers

Oct 25, 2003
i got mine from there in december...didn't take me long to quit completely and don't use it any more. Did a job though....battery life was fine as were the refills..both lasted me long enough and I used it quite frequently

macky

Dec 28, 2004
the the vape vault baker street as well he seems to be quite cheap in there

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I use the vapour trail regularly. Good little shop, the shop is a kind of franchise to the Totally Wicked range of e cigs and oils, they have a decent website as well.

I have the Tornado RCS system. Its the one with the clear glass atomiser, its excellent. Stay away from the Titan ones, I started with that but its a flawed system and gets gunked up very quickly and tastes horrible. RCS works very well and can get great clouds of vapour.

The one I have looks very similar to this.....

5BCC6B8A-0C98-4AC5-A849-3BC67F4E7475-15594-00000606BBD0E2B8_zpsbf005cf3.jpg

But mine is made of glass and metal, not plastic, I originally got the one pictured but it broke in my pocket one day when I knelt down and got a pocket full of liquid for my troubles, the glass one is much better quality.

The Patriot range of liquids are the best and have great flavour, my favourite is orange candy which is basically orange tictac flavour and i have an unopened Irish Cream. The Red Label liquids are also good and have a slightly better flavour range. Vanilla, banana, cherry menthol are all good and actually taste of what they're supposed to!!!

I won't smoke a cigarette ever again, the only trouble I have is that I really like this "vaping" thing, and am having some issues trying to stop completely, as soon as I'm bored with a flavour I just try another one. Although I am dropping down in strengths.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
the the vape vault baker street as well he seems to be quite cheap in there

Just had a look on there website and they are considerably cheaper. My only concern is you forfeit a lack of quality with the difference in price. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I use the vapour trail regularly. Good little shop, the shop is a kind of franchise to the Totally Wicked range of e cigs and oils, they have a decent website as well.

I have the Tornado RCS system. Its the one with the clear glass atomiser, its excellent. Stay away from the Titan ones, I started with that but its a flawed system and gets gunked up very quickly and tastes horrible. RCS works very well and can get great clouds of vapour.

The one I have looks very similar to this.....

5BCC6B8A-0C98-4AC5-A849-3BC67F4E7475-15594-00000606BBD0E2B8_zpsbf005cf3.jpg

But mine is made of glass and metal, not plastic, I originally got the one pictured but it broke in my pocket one day when I knelt down and got a pocket full of liquid for my troubles, the glass one is much better quality.

The Patriot range of liquids are the best and have great flavour, my favourite is orange candy which is basically orange tictac flavour and i have an unopened Irish Cream. The Red Label liquids are also good and have a slightly better flavour range. Vanilla, banana, cherry menthol are all good and actually taste of what they're supposed to!!!

I won't smoke a cigarette ever again, the only trouble I have is that I really like this "vaping" thing, and am having some issues trying to stop completely, as soon as I'm bored with a flavour I just try another one. Although I am dropping down in strengths.

Very insightful. Good stuff.

I'm looking at buying the one pictured below.

eny2e3ag.jpg

As for the issue in trying to stop, I'm exactly the same. However I enjoy "vaping" so see no reason to stop.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I would not recommend that kit, it's an old system and very basic. It's the same as the first ever one I had.

The cartridge on the end holds the liquid, when it's together a wick draws the oil out, in the same way a zippo lighter works. At the battery end there is a coil, very much like a car cigarette lighter, the wick touches this and it produces the vapour by basically being burned by the coil when you press the button to make it work.

It all very good at the beginning but the coil gets lots of residue on it from the wick, the taste will get weaker the more it's used and it needs constant cleaning and picking out for it to work best, if you run low on oil and the wick starts to dry the thing just tastes of burning plastic which is revolting.

The cartridge for the oil is also 2 way, I also found that condensed vapour can gather right at the mouthpiece so occasionally when dragging on it you get a mouthful of oil, and it's unpleasant. I had that kit for 6 months and must have gone through 30 cartridges due to them getting clogged.

The one I pictured is one of the latest designs, I have no idea how it works as the bit where the vapour is produced is actually immersed in the oil, no dodgy coils as far as I can tell. I've had mine for 4 months now, still get good vapour and flavour and still on all the original parts so far, I should start thinking about a new wick but the current one is still going strong.

The kit you're considering is old hat and flawed in design. Go for the design I have, it's miles better.

Last edited:

Spimunk

Jun 17, 2011
West Sussex
Spongy, can you let me know if this one is any good? http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co...nado-series/tornado-mini-rcs-kit-product.html it seems to be the same as the one you've suggested but a mini version which would suit my needs better.

I tried vaping instead of smoking about 8 months ago but didn't get on with the JAC Vapour kit I got. Would really like to switch again and get off of the cigs but get a feeling the only way to really do it is to get a decent kit, rather than a e-cig like kit.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Spongy, can you let me know if this one is any good? http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co...nado-series/tornado-mini-rcs-kit-product.html it seems to be the same as the one you've suggested but a mini version which would suit my needs better.

I tried vaping instead of smoking about 8 months ago but didn't get on with the JAC Vapour kit I got. Would really like to switch again and get off of the cigs but get a feeling the only way to really do it is to get a decent kit, rather than a e-cig like kit.

That's a good kit.:thumbsup:

It's the same system that I have, but mines an upgraded version made of glass and metal rather than plastic.

Mine is that size, 1.6ml, I fill it up in the morning and it lasts til bed time easily.

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
methinks the baccy firms are laughing at these quit wannabes.. making more money than with real ciggies??

Not from me they're not:smile:

In a year I've spent £35 on 2 kits, and average £6 a week on oils.

Compared to £7 a DAY on 20 fags, I used to smoke baccy that came over from Belgium for £8.50 for a 50g pouch that lasted 6 days.

And with this ecig my lungs have cleared considerably, I don't wheeze any more when laying in bed, my taste buds now work and I don't stink of smoke any more.

Working for me:clap::clap::clap:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my wife uses the one in Eastbourne and has no trouble they are very friendly and are not the cheapest but if there is anything wrong they have changed it or put it right.
and it means she can use it indoors with no nasty nicotine smells or tar everywhere
and it considerably cheaper than tobacco or cigarettes

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I would not recommend that kit, it's an old system and very basic. It's the same as the first ever one I had.

The cartridge on the end holds the liquid, when it's together a wick draws the oil out, in the same way a zippo lighter works. At the battery end there is a coil, very much like a car cigarette lighter, the wick touches this and it produces the vapour by basically being burned by the coil when you press the button to make it work.

It all very good at the beginning but the coil gets lots of residue on it from the wick, the taste will get weaker the more it's used and it needs constant cleaning and picking out for it to work best, if you run low on oil and the wick starts to dry the thing just tastes of burning plastic which is revolting.

The cartridge for the oil is also 2 way, I also found that condensed vapour can gather right at the mouthpiece so occasionally when dragging on it you get a mouthful of oil, and it's unpleasant. I had that kit for 6 months and must have gone through 30 cartridges due to them getting clogged.

The one I pictured is one of the latest designs, I have no idea how it works as the bit where the vapour is produced is actually immersed in the oil, no dodgy coils as far as I can tell. I've had mine for 4 months now, still get good vapour and flavour and still on all the original parts so far, I should start thinking about a new wick but the current one is still going strong.

The kit you're considering is old hat and flawed in design. Go for the design I have, it's miles better.

All sorted. Similar model to yours.

1 x 1000mah battery
1 x 650mah battery
25 x 10ml bottles of liquid
1 x mains charger
10 x spare heads

£121.50

Considerably cheaper than the vapour trail and great customer service as well. Threw in plenty of free spares for bulk buying

macky

Dec 28, 2004
All sorted. Similar model to yours.

1 x 1000mah battery
1 x 650mah battery
25 x 10ml bottles of liquid
1 x mains charger
10 x spare heads

£121.50

Considerably cheaper than the vapour trail and great customer service as well. Threw in plenty of free spares for bulk buying

Where did you buy ?? thought you were happy to pay more ??
how come you brought so much liquid ?
thing is you tend to get fed up with the liquid it's nice ot change about
The liquid you have brought there will ast for years

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
25 10ml bottles!! That should last about 6 months. Hope you have a variety of flavours. Sounds excellent value. Which shop did you use?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
25 10ml bottles!! That should last about 6 months. Hope you have a variety of flavours. Sounds excellent value. Which shop did you use?

The Vaping Vault in Baker Street. I'm away for four months in a fortnight hence the excessive bulk buying.

All the same flavour (tobacco) however I'm not one to dabble with all these exotic flavours. Not only that if I got something like cherry for example id end up inhaling it 24/7.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here