Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Awful parenting

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was walking through Horsham town today and just as I was crossing at the traffic lights this man walked past on the pavement in front of me. A young girl, no older than 6 who I presumed to be his daughter, stopped and pressed the button, clearly thinking they were about to cross. The man then wheeled around and snarled at her "We're not crossing you f*cking tw*t" and then kept on walking with her behind him. I was shocked, who speaks to their kids like that in the street or at home for that matter? Has the standard of parenting gone down? I've seen mothers actually screaming at their kids quite regularly when walking around Horsham. Surely that can't be normal?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
That sounds extreme and no, I have not heard anyone talk to their kids before like that

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I was walking through Horsham town today and just as I was crossing at the traffic lights this man walked past on the pavement in front of me. A young girl, no older than 6 who I presumed to be his daughter, stopped and pressed the button, clearly thinking they were about to cross. The man then wheeled around and snarled at her "We're not crossing you f*cking tw*t" and then kept on walking with her behind him. I was shocked, who speaks to their kids like that in the street or at home for that matter? Has the standard of parenting gone down? I've seen mothers actually screaming at their kids quite regularly when walking around Horsham. Surely that can't be normal?

I'd just like to say that you come across as an incredibly boring person for someone who said they were 16 elsewhere on the forum; you post like your 60. Get a life. :thumbsup:

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I'd just like to say that you come across as an incredibly boring person for someone who said they were 16 elsewhere on the forum; you post like your 60. Get a life. :thumbsup:

He seemed boring at school, even though I didn't really know him

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

That is what happens when you live in an over spill town....

Just joshin....

That is just too extreme, I have swore in front of my daughter, but only by accident and try and change the word and repeat it straight away so she thinks she heard something different (like shit too shoot etc) which usually happens while getting stuck behind someone keeping to the 20mph speed limit through town !!!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

I'll try and jazz up my posts in future then :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I've noticed that in Horsham as well - i was sat in Giraffe a few months ago and there was a mother who went into one of the nearby shops and just left her pram (with child inside) outside the shop...just went in there, didn't take the child, or have anyone else to keep an eye on the pram. Couldn't believe it.

Also, lots of shouty parents...i think it's the Roffey residents myself :wink:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Shock horror, some people in the world are degenerate scumbags, you've just happened to witness one.

If I go up the town today and see one dwarf I'm not going to instantly assume there are more dwarfs around in society.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kids do some immensely annoying / dangerous / scary things at times but any parent worth their salt can reign it in. Actual swearing like that at a 6 year old is insane.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've noticed that in Horsham as well - i was sat in Giraffe a few months ago and there was a mother who went into one of the nearby shops and just left her pram (with child inside) outside the shop...just went in there, didn't take the child, or have anyone else to keep an eye on the pram. Couldn't believe it.

This is an indication of how times have changed and not for the better. When I was a lad that was standard practice nobody took prams or pushchairs into a shop as there wasnt a need.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
on the train back between Charlton and London (think it was the match where we won 2-0 in League One) a carriage full of Albion witnessed a woman shouting at her baby, no older than a year old "why are you crying, shut up!"...and you don't think a carriage full of football blokes would leave that one alone do you? She did not enjoy her evening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here