Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 60s team photo

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
Came across this pic but can't name them, early 60s? Can anyone name them?

Attachments

• Albion.jpg
    Albion.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 443
Last edited by a moderator:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ian Goodwin, Kit Napier, Stewart Henderson, Alan Dovey, Brian Powney, Steve Piper, John Templeman, John Napier

Bert Murray, Norman Gall, ??, Ken Beamish, Bertie Lutton, Peter O'Sullivan, Alan Boorn

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Back row L-R. Ian Goodwin, Kit Napier, Stewart Henderson, Alan Dovey, Brian Powney, Brian Bromley, John Templeman & John Napier.

Front row L-R. Bert Murray, Sir Norman Gall, Willie Irvine, Ken Beamish, Bertie Lutton, Peter O'Sullivan & Eddie Spearritt.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
GOal keepers Alan Dovey and Brian Powney, second from left rear Kit Napier, second from front right Peter O'Sullivan, front second from left Norman Gall, third Willie Irvine and fourth Ken Beamish (maybe), fifth from right Bertie Lutton? End right Eddie Spearit.
Right of goalkeepers Brin Bromley, John Templeman. Could be wrong all from memory a bit like the piece on 'never mind the buzzcocks'

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Back row L-R. Ian Goodwin, Kit Napier, Stewart Henderson, Alan Dovey, Brian Powney, Brian Bromley, John Templeman & John Napier.

Front row L-R. Bert Murray, Sir Norman Gall, Willie Irvine, Ken Beamish, Bertie Lutton, Peter O'Sullivan & Eddie Spearritt.

I was close!

Looks like the 72/73 season where we finished bottom and lost 12 league games and 1 FA Cup game in a row.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
That was at the start of the 72/73 season - the squad that acieved promotion with NO new signings. How times have changed !
Without checking we must have added Barry Bridges & Graham Howell soon after that, with a young Steve Piper emerging later that season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bridges joined for a club record £29,000 six games in to the season. Howell and Ley came in after a season of all out attack. Piper played nine games - the first of which was in mid-November.

We had a squad of nineteen the previous season with four of them making a paltry 4 starts between them.

Source: SEAGULLS! The Story of Brighton & Hove Albion F.C.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Spot on, missed the two centre backs and Bet Murray, well done my friend!

No problem, that 1972/3 season stands out for me.

Good fun on a personal level but just about the worst for the Albion...outclassed pretty much from start to finish!

Anyone on here go to Blackpool that August? My least favourite football day out.:shit:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Where is Goldstone Rapper today? thought he had the monopoly on this type of thread.:lol:

Nice picture but had to put the laptop on to have a look, the phone got very confused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here