Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Low ticket sales for Burnley game?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
So not only are we being encouraged to buy as many tickets as we like, the club is now advertising the game across the Argus site.

This is the first time I've seen display advertising for a Brighton match and I'm not criticising it, I'm just curious about its appearance. It makes sense to promote our games in local media but I do wonder whether we're going to see a record number of empty seats tomorrow.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Naturally we are at some point going to see a dip in audiences at the Amex at some point, our historic average crowds point to the fact that the current audiences are unsustainable at this level and to be honest whatever the audience is tomorrow I am amazed it is still that high. If we were to still be in this division 3/4 years down the line I expect averages would be around the mid/high teens (in thousands).

Anything the club can do to advertise is good news, so long as the cost of advertising is relatively cheap.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Am sure they have advertised on the Argus Website for other games - even remember seeing the Palace game advertised on there. Maybe I visit it too often.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
These have been on the argus site before and makes perfect commercial sense to advertise in this way. I would expect burnley to attract fewer fans as not the most glamorous game and this is still a time where lots off people are on holiday. At a guess reckon this will be somewhere between 24-25k

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
So not only are we being encouraged to buy as many tickets as we like, the club is now advertising the game across the Argus site.

This is the first time I've seen display advertising for a Brighton match and I'm not criticising it, I'm just curious about its appearance. It makes sense to promote our games in local media but I do wonder whether we're going to see a record number of empty seats tomorrow.

It was also done for the last home game as well. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Am sure they have advertised on the Argus Website for other games - even remember seeing the Palace game advertised on there. Maybe I visit it too often.

I must admit I am often quite oblivious to advertising so it could well have been a regular thing that I've only just picked up on. But the current ads really do stand out so perhaps this is a new style they've gone for?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
There will be at least two seats empty in the WSU for the first time as I can't go and are not allowed to advertise them anymore.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It doesn't suggest a low crowd just because we're advertising tickets a couple of days before a match: We now have a 30K capacity stadium, and Burnley aren't likely to bring more than 1000 so around 5000 tickets to non STHs available. I reckon 27K, which would've been more or less a capacity crowd this time last year.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I see that S1F has now gone up online (along with other blocks in East Upper and WSL) I thought Barber had said that they definitely don't hold tickets back but I can't see that S1F is an area where sponsors/comps are located and have been returned.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's just a desperate attempt by Barber-out to counteract all the negativity the Albion attracts on internet message boards :jester:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
They are not helping themselves with the way they are still releasing blocks too late. People looking early think it is too expensive.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They are not helping themselves with the way they are still releasing blocks too late. People looking early think it is too expensive.

The cheapest tickets of £25 (+ £1 booking fee) have been available since tickets went on sale.

el punal

I can't see the attendance figure being reported for less than 26,000, despite there being scores of empty seats, as the club base the attendance on tickets sold not bums on seats.

As 24,000 +/- season tickets have been sold, it's a fair assumption that another 2,000 tickets will have have been sold on a match by match basis.

Also, August is traditionally a poor month for attendances - with people on holiday, doing summery things etc. I reckon matches in September and October will give a truer reflection on crowd figures - on the basis that the Albion are playing well of course!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here