Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the next Beckham

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
OK DB has hung up his boots and so who is coming through to fill them?

Who is the next English mega star?

And Gary Glitter is not in the mix.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OK DB has hung up his boots and so who is coming through to fill them?

Who is the next English mega star?

And Gary Glitter is not in the mix.

I will be interested to see how that kid Hughes from Derby does. 18 isn't he and looks to be a very bright prospect.

D

Deleted member 18477

I dont think there will be another David Beckham for a while... certainly not one at the minute.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I will be interested to see how that kid Hughes from Derby does. 18 isn't he and looks to be a very bright prospect.

Is he the whole mega star package and more than a bloody good footballer. I think not.

I am talking money machine.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Complete Badger;5897891because there won't be another English player with his technical ability[/QUOTE said:
You do make some ridiculous ill thought out sweeping statements sometimes

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If he was any good he wouldn't be playing for Derby.

Hmm former public schoolboy who has just taken his A levels I believe and can now concentrate on football full time. Liverpool are apparently interested in him so he may not be at Derby much longer.

Anyway I think he's one to watch that's all.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The first time I saw David in the flesh was an experience I cherish more than the first time I had sex. It was England v Macedonia at St Mary's. He was absolutely unplayable, and on a different planet to any other England player on the pitch. The precision in his passing was quite exceptional and I don't think there has been another English footballer in my lifetime capable of delivering that.

I saw him at the Goldstone on his debut, didn't even notice him tbh as I only found out he made his debut against us years later. I did however notice Hughes last year at a similar or even younger age than Beckham was when I first saw him play.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Zaha and his flying feet of mystery perhaps. I'd certainly rush out and buy pants or aftershave marketed by the English Ronaldo.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Also, let's not forget that Will Hughes looks like a spotty albino and David is one of the only men on the planet that I would actively encourage to infiltrate my rectum. That's important too.

I barely noticed Hughes when I saw him live 10 days ago.

Whooow down, I know what you mean but to put in words.........

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Also, let's not forget that Will Hughes looks like a spotty albino and David is one of the only men on the planet that I would actively encourage to infiltrate my rectum. That's important too.

I barely noticed Hughes when I saw him live 10 days ago.

Michel, Gary or David? Decisions decisions :lolol:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If he was really any good (and I mean set for the very top) then at 18 he'd be playing every week for an EPL outfit. He might go on to play in the EPL but, as harsh as it sounds, he'd be doing a lot more than he is now if he was really THAT good.

Can't think of many 18 year old English lads playing in the prem a few bench warmers maybe, to get experience and games under the belt the championship is a better place for an 18 year old to start
Look at the likes of David Guiddeti he's 21 and has no chance of playing for Man City this season just as well come to the Albion where he'll get a game

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here