Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police 'paid' to seek FBO's

Do you mind being filmed by the police at football matches?

• Total voters

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-paid-to-seek-football-banning-orders-8772746.html

First article I've read in the mainstream media that has a seemingly unbiased opinion on football banning orders. Someone I am very familiar with was given a Civil Banning order some years back - said the only reason he didn't fight it was that he wasn't enitled to legal aid as it was a civil application.

Nice find , may explain why a few things have gone on at the Amex.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The bit at the end seems to contradict the entire content of the bulk of the article. They seem to have put the sensationalist stuff at the start, to get everyone all indignant, then put the reality at the end, by that time everyone's gone off Twittering it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Police paid? Shocking!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hmmm .....

Sussex Police purposely remove any identifying tags from their uniforms at the fracking demo
Met Police do the same for many London based demos
Met Police beat to death an innocent bystander at a demo
Sussex Police shoot dead a naked, unarmed person
A Met police officer admits that football matches are popular with officers because they can "put the boot in without comeback"
Police officers are implicated in selling information to the press

But a few examples that should mean anyone reading the story wouldn't be surprised !

I think our our Police Force are, in the main, wonderful.

Sussex Police especially, and your assertion based on an internet rumour about them removing their "numbers" is wrong.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Sussex police are the worst IMO

and you've experienced every other force in the country have you? in which case you are damn unlucky, or a serial offender. in my opinion its probably the latter, and sussex police keep catching you, which is why you dont like them :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Sussex Police especially, and your assertion based on an internet rumour about them removing their "numbers" is wrong.

Not what the eye witness accounts and the videos show.

It also doesn't negate the other FIVE points !

Dandyman

In London village.
I think our our Police Force are, in the main, wonderful.

I don't know about Sussex plod but some may remember a game at Peterborough a few years ago where a number of OB had very clearly removed their ID and were spoiling for a fight.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not what the eye witness accounts and the videos show.

If you are referring to the officer in the video that's on the BBC, I believe that one out of his pair of shoulder epaulettes is missing, not both. Secondly, I am almost certain from watching it that he's not a Sussex officer (different uniform).

I don't know how the epaulette came to be missing, but but it is quite feasible -from personal experience- for it to be torn off, particularly during a bit of a scuffle. I occasionally find one of mine hanging off if I've been carrying a heavy bag over my shoulder, and have to button it back on. It's also worth considering that the anti-police fraternity have been known to consider it a bit of a sport to try & rip them off on the sly, and then complain that the officer isn't wearing them. Collecting police kit is quite popular with some people. I've seen several protesters this week wearing (badge-removed) police issue hats and fleeces.

I would rather assume that if the officer was that desperate to hide his identity, he'd take both off, not just one, as to leave one on would rather defeat the objective, would it not?

I don't expect to change your opinion based on that alone, but I thought I'd at least attempt to offer a slightly different perspective.

Jan 30, 2008
if you are referring to the officer in the video that's on the bbc, i believe that one out of his pair of shoulder epaulettes is missing, not both. Secondly, i am almost certain from watching it that he's not a sussex officer (different uniform).

I don't know how the epaulette came to be missing, but but it is quite feasible -from personal experience- for it to be torn off, particularly during a bit of a scuffle. I occasionally find one of mine hanging off if i've been carrying a heavy bag over my shoulder, and have to button it back on. It's also worth considering that the anti-police fraternity have been known to consider it a bit of a sport to try & rip them off on the sly, and then complain that the officer isn't wearing them. Collecting police kit is quite popular with some people. I've seen several protesters this week wearing (badge-removed) police issue hats and fleeces.

I would rather assume that if the officer was that desperate to hide his identity, he'd take both off, not just one, as to leave one on would rather defeat the objective, would it not?

I don't expect to change your opinion based on that alone, but i thought i'd at least attempt to offer a slightly different perspective.
can't you just get the kit on line at the stores in spital road lewes :whistle:
regards
DR

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
banning orders , filming, taking photographs, informers, putting up faces in the local press you name it ???
regards
DR

Thank goodness for them doing that, so the police are doing something right.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
If you are referring to the officer in the video that's on the BBC, I believe that one out of his pair of shoulder epaulettes is missing, not both. Secondly, I am almost certain from watching it that he's not a Sussex officer (different uniform).

I don't know how the epaulette came to be missing, but but it is quite feasible -from personal experience- for it to be torn off, particularly during a bit of a scuffle. I occasionally find one of mine hanging off if I've been carrying a heavy bag over my shoulder, and have to button it back on. It's also worth considering that the anti-police fraternity have been known to consider it a bit of a sport to try & rip them off on the sly, and then complain that the officer isn't wearing them. Collecting police kit is quite popular with some people. I've seen several protesters this week wearing (badge-removed) police issue hats and fleeces.

I don't expect to change your opinion based on that alone, but I thought I'd at least attempt to offer a slightly different perspective.

No indeed - that might be the case. Your heavy bag story is of some concern though given that guidance given to police officers ( and their commanders ) is that epaulettes should not be easy removable. If a bag can knock them off them a bit of a scuffle is hardly likely to keep them in place. Regardless the other points remain valid.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here