Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

in need of a plumber

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
My boiler is on the blink. Its an Alpha combi and is flashing alternativly between A and B. Ive looked in the manual and have bled a radiator to bring the pressure down. After a couple of hours the pressure creeps back up.

So, if there are any corgi registered plumbers on here and are able to fix the thing can you give me a pm or leave a note in here and ill get in touch.

Cheers

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
My boiler is on the blink. Its an Alpha combi and is flashing alternativly between A and B. Ive looked in the manual and have bled a radiator to bring the pressure down. After a couple of hours the pressure creeps back up.

So, if there are any corgi registered plumbers on here and are able to fix the thing can you give me a pm or leave a note in here and ill get in touch.

Cheers

Ring Safeguard - Mike is absolutely brilliant and does the job without any hassle!

Check a trade approved too here's the link:

http://www.checkatrade.com/SafeguardPlumbing/

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Hi, normally the alternate flashing is a pressure fault and needs topping up, but if the pressure is too high and keeps rising, chances are you have a problem with the expansion vessel, causing the pressure to rise and more than likely causing the pressure relief valve to open (have you got water coming out the copper pipe that pokes outside the wall?) There is also a very slight chance there is a split in the domestic hot water heat exchanger causing mains water to enter the heating circuit. Hope that helps.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Needed to bounce this after being let down (again) by a plumber.
Anyway, I need a new boiler, so can anyone add a RELIABLE plumber to the list.
Cheers

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Would recommend john boys dad. Have used him on a number of times, great value and top bloke.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Hi, normally the alternate flashing is a pressure fault and needs topping up, but if the pressure is too high and keeps rising, chances are you have a problem with the expansion vessel, causing the pressure to rise and more than likely causing the pressure relief valve to open (have you got water coming out the copper pipe that pokes outside the wall?) There is also a very slight chance there is a split in the domestic hot water heat exchanger causing mains water to enter the heating circuit. Hope that helps.

Sounds like good advice here but i would first check the filling loop def o closed incase its slightly letting buy

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Interesting.. You know PD or my little bro better ?

I went to tech with Goo, 4 years 1 day a week, top lad first person I ever saw wearing S I, I have known PD for years but havn't seen him for years but recently met his brother, his son plays football with one of my sons.
I saw your brother for the first time in ages in the summer in Saltdean.
I did wonder if y0u were related before when I saw your user name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here