Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar wants to reward the Albion fans [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar wants to reward the Albion fans[/h] 9:00am Wednesday 21st August 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2594151.gif
Oscar Garcia has been impressed with the Albion support
ALBION head coach Oscar Garcia wants to deliver an overdue win at The Amex to thank fans for their unwavering support since he took charge.
Back-to-back visits by Burnley on Saturday and Millwall a week later give Oscar an opportunity to taste a home victory for the first time.
A defeat by Villarreal and draw with Norwich in friendlies have been followed by losses at The Amex for the Spaniard against Newport County after-extra-time in the Capital One Cup and Derby County in the Championship.
Oscar, right, impressed by the way supporters stuck with the team during those setbacks, dedicated last Saturday’s first win at Birmingham to those who made the journey to the West Midlands.
He told The Argus: “I want to dedicate all the wins to the fans of Brighton, because they are very good fans. They support the team, they don’t care if we lose or win.
“They are behind the players, the team, the coach all the time. It’s fantastic for me when I came out of the changing room to see all those fans watching us.”
Oscar is keen to build on the 1-0 triumph at Birmingham, where he operated with a midfield diamond rather than two wide players in a three-man attack.
He said: “The good thing is we can play in different shapes and we have the players to do that. It depends on the game whether we change or not.
“The win was important for the confidence of the players. They have confidence in the way we are working and playing but at this level the points are the important thing.”
Albion’s bid for only their third victory in eight competitive outings at The Amex against Burnley is also the first Grade C game of the season, with prices starting from £26 for adults and the chance for registered fans to buy an unlimited number of tickets for friends and family.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here