Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 5th Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, The Oval 21-25.08.13

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Darren Lehmann this morning has fuelled the fire for us to beat them Four-nil. By basically and blatantly calling Stuart Broad a CHEAT on a Aussie Radio Station. He also did a Interview in the Aussie version of The Telegraph newspaper, what a sour bitter fat ******* he sounded.

Bring it on!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Darren Lehmann this morning has fuelled the fire for us to beat them Four-nil. By basically and blatantly calling Stuart Broad a CHEAT on a Aussie Radio Station. He also did a Interview in the Aussie version of The Telegraph newspaper, what a sour bitter fat ******* he sounded.

Bring it on!

Like everyone of their players has walked at every decision - Warner clipped one and even reviewed the f*cking thing!!!!

Anyway, sun is shining, we're 3 nil up, I don't think even I can manage a moan today!!! :lolol:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ashes 2013: Stuart Broad is a blatant cheat - Darren Lehmann
Australia coach Darren Lehmann has called on fans to make England's Stuart Broad "cry" over his "blatant cheating" in the first Ashes Test.

Broad was criticised for deciding not to walk after edging Ashton Agar to slip via keeper Brad Haddin's gloves.

"I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole [Australian] summer," he said.

"And I hope he cries and goes home. I don't advocate walking, but when you hit it to first slip it's pretty hard."

He added in the interview with Australian radio network Triple M: "Certainly our players haven't forgotten, they're calling him everything under the sun as they go past so I would hope the Australian public are the same because that was just blatant cheating."

In the build-up to the final Test, which begins on Wednesday at The Oval, Broad defended his behaviour at Trent Bridge, insisting the noise caused by the ball flicking Haddin's gloves had caused confusion.

"It wasn't as clear-cut as everyone had thought, although I knew I'd hit it," he said.

Because they had already failed with two reviews during the second innings, Australia were unable to review umpire Aleem Dar's not out decision.

Broad was on 37 at the time and went on to add a further 28 runs to his score as England secured victory by only 14 runs.

The return Ashes series starts in Brisbane on 21 November.

Lehmann said: "I hope everyone gets stuck into him. The way he has carried on is ridiculous.

"He knew he hit it at the slip. The biggest problem there is the poor umpire cops all the crap that he gets in the paper and Stuart Broad makes him look like a fool.

"From my point of view it's poor, so I hope the public get stuck into him."

Former England bowler Phil Tufnell believes Lehmann is simply attempting to distract attention away from Australia's problems.

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "That is just Darren Lehmann. The spotlight is on his side here and he is trying to deflect the pressure off them.

"You expect that before you go down under but I think Stuart Broad is big enough and ugly enough to handle that kind of pressure from the Aussies. I am sure it will just spur him on."

Darren, he didn't hit it to slip he hit it to the keeper. Maybe if you watched some of the matches it might help your insane scatter gun selection policy.

Oh and tell your players to keep sledging him, it's definetely working

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Blimey those grapes are SOUR! :laugh:

"From my point of view I just hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole summer and I hope he cries and he goes home," Lehmann said. "I just hope everyone gets stuck into him because the way he's carried on and the way he's commented in public about it is ridiculous.
"The biggest problem there is the poor umpire cops all the crap that he gets in paper and Broad makes them look like fools. From my point of view it's poor, so I hope the public actually get stuck into him."

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
How the googling hell can he whinge and whinge about a player not walking, when in the same interview he states "I don't advocate walking" :facepalm: :tosser:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
How the googling hell can he whinge and whinge about a player not walking, when in the same interview he states "I don't advocate walking" :facepalm: :tosser:

Will the answer "Because he's Australian"?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Might as well sort the title out, and make this the PROPER match thread.

C'mon England

C'mon SWANNY!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"We have some early breaking news. Big news about the England XI. Ian Bothan is out on the outfield and has presented caps to both Simon Kerrigan and Chris Woakes so two players set to make their debuts for England. But we don't, as yet, know who those guys are in the side for. Suggestions that James Anderson might be rested? We simple don't know at the moment."

Swann and Anderson rested??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"We have some early breaking news. Big news about the England XI. Ian Bothan is out on the outfield and has presented caps to both Simon Kerrigan and Chris Woakes so two players set to make their debuts for England. But we don't, as yet, know who those guys are in the side for. Suggestions that James Anderson might be rested? We simple don't know at the moment."

Noooooooooooooooo

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Shouldn't that interview have "ahhhh look" at some point during it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Calm down, they could be getting their Caps. Because they are going to be our Substitute Fielders for the next 5 days.

You don't get a cap for being a sub.

Woakes is for Bresnan who is out injured. Kerrigan must be for Swann OR Anderson. Would they risk playing 2 spinners?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I wonder if they'll drop Bairstow and go with 5 bowlers for this one?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
You don't get a cap for being a sub.

Woakes is for Bresnan who is out injured. Kerrigan must be for Swann OR Anderson. Would they risk playing 2 spinners?

I'm still not sure about Woakes. I think Tremlett would of been the ideal replacement for Bresnan, especially that he knows the Oval pitch and can generate good pace and bounce.

I can't see us playing two spinners, only if the Track is going to be Spinners Paradise later on in the test.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton

Bring it on!

Lehmann's comments are absolutely staggering!! In the very same match Brad Haddin edged the ball to the keeper and was not given out. He knew he'd edged it you could see it on his face BUT HE DIDN'T WALK. That was with the Aussies within 14 of winning the match. If we'd had no reviews left he may well have gone on and won the match for them!! It's not Broad's fault that we managed the reviews better in that match!! Jesus talk about double standards.

Also I don't understand why, if Darren Lehmann's that two faced, he uses that one!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lehmann's comments are absolutely staggering!! In the very same match Brad Haddin edged the ball to the keeper and was not given out. He knew he'd edged it you could see it on his face BUT HE DIDN'T WALK. That was with the Aussies within 14 of winning the match. If we'd had no reviews left he may well have gone on and won the match for them!! It's not Broad's fault that we managed the reviews better in that match!! Jesus talk about double standards.

Also I don't understand why, if Darren Lehmann's that two faced, he uses that one!!

Bring it on. Their sledging of him hasn't done much harm, has it. Broad has been magnificent. His best series performance in years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here