Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ireland senses another feelgood factor at Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ireland senses another feelgood factor at Albion[/h]3:00pm Tuesday 20th August 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2596921.jpg
Simon Ireland
* Talk of Albion heading in the same direction as Blackburn Rovers is enough to make fans choke on a chicken leg.

* Fear not though, Simon Ireland is referring to Rovers in their glory era under Jack Walker, not the Championship rivals seemingly in perpetual chaos under the ownership of Indian chicken firm Venky's.

* Ireland senses the feelgood factor he experienced at Ewood Park with Walker in charge can be repeated by the Seagulls.

* That is why he has uprooted from the North to become Albion's new academy under 21s coach.

* Ireland has taken over the role after six years as assistant academy manager at Blackburn.

* He said: "The thing that appealed to me about Brighton is it's a well-run football club, on the cusp of exciting things happening with the new training ground that is going to be built on the back of the new stadium.

* "It has a good, family feel about it, very similar to how Blackburn was at one stage.

* "I was there as a player under Jack Walker. It had a good, family feel around it and I get that same sense with Brighton."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here