Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best ever Brighton away support for a night game? (excluding cup final replay)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Forest away,... League cup.... its a no brainer.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Cup reply against Palarse at Stamford Bridge - the Mullers change one!

Mad mad night, with a Shed full of Brighton fans as well as others from London clubs getting a kicking.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
I remember away at Fulham on a Tuesday night in the mid nineties. The terrace behind the goal was absolutely packed. My memory may be poor but I recall the away crowd being 5000

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Another vote for the Forest cup match in 78. Bunked off school, with a few mates and went up on a coach A week before the game, the headmaster held an assembly to tell everyone that there would be severe consequences for anyone who went.

Toothless old fart, did not do anything!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Another vote for the Forest cup match in 78. Bunked off school, with a few mates and went up on a coach A week before the game, the headmaster held an assembly to tell everyone that there would be severe consequences for anyone who went.

Toothless old fart, did not do anything!

I never got to that match. We spent the night in Epsom Police Station after the whole coach was arrested.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
League Cup at West Brom 1976. 2 - 0 win for the South Coast Albion, and phenomenal support from the 2000(?) fans who made the trip.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 1967 FA Cup 4th Round Replay. Part of a 55k crowd, of which I was one.

Got to be this one, Chelsea boot boys and all, I think Chelsea were different class. Huge Albion following from what I can remember.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

Mad mad night, with a Shed full of Brighton fans as well as others from London clubs getting a kicking.

Is the right answer :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
League Cup v Derby (Home and Away 1976). Although young, the emotion was apparent and clear.

That was a better atmosphere than the Forest game IMO. I really liked the atmosphere of a packed Baseball Ground

Have you ever seen a Seagull **** a Ram seemed the be the popular chant that night, shame we lost

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
In your opinion which has been the best support for a night game away(not necessarily the biggest)
Mine would be forest away in the league cup 78 what's your choice?:moo:

My first away game!!

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title

from who chelsea ? surely not those lot up the road....tell me more!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
another was Wolves ,just before Christmas,Wardy hat-trick

Agree this was a good occasion with Wardy literally skating round Emlyn Hughes to run through and score - but there weren't many of us there in what was then a mostly derelict stadium.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
League Cup at West Brom 1976. 2 - 0 win for the South Coast Albion, and phenomenal support from the 2000(?) fans who made the trip.

With you on this one - we took two (or was it three) football special trains for this mid week game. Amazing match Wardy and Mellor running wins around a very good WBA team.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With you on this one - we took two (or was it three) football special trains for this mid week game. Amazing match Wardy and Mellor running wins around a very good WBA team.

And Willie Johnstone getting sent off for kicking the ref up the arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here