Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PPI

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
DO IT YOURSELF.

I got back about 10k last year for loans and mortgage cover going back about 8-10 years.

and I just won against Debenhams after a 2 year fight and got back £1300.00

Id say its worth it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Definitely worth it but ONLY do it yourself.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It's never bothered me however HSBC asked me to fill out a questionnaire in relation to sn old loan. Fast forward 2 months I received a cheque for 3k.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Should have added that yes, I have no intention of using any of those daytime advert clowns.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just waiting for hsbc to look at mine. I read somewhere that all companies who you have borrowed money from ( If you took out redundancy/health cover at the same time) should contact you first ....I had a couple of loans from M&S MONEY ( Cos I is really posh) and they havent contacted me yet.

Does anyone know if it is best to wait or let them contact you?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It's never bothered me however HSBC asked me to fill out a questionnaire in relation to sn old loan. Fast forward 2 months I received a cheque for 3k.

That;s what I felt and someone I know said exactly the same as you. He got 3k back too. Got the form a few months back.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I wouldn't go with those cold-calling b*st*rds - they call my mobile twice every day with recorded messages, but ..... I paid far too much for PPI when I originally got this mortgage 13 years ago, how much documentation do you need, I'm not sure I have it all going that far back.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
That;s what I felt and someone I know said exactly the same as you. He got 3k back too. Got the form a few months back.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. It certainly helped ease my holiday blues to find a 3k cheque waiting for me!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Done it myself last year, got over £7000 back, going back 10 years. Cost me the price of sending a recorded, signed letter.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Done it myself last year, got over £7000 back, going back 10 years. Cost me the price of sending a recorded, signed letter.

So you ended up with about £500 then?

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
If you are not sure what to write, google moneysavingexpert, that Martin Lewis money expert! All pre written letters on his website!

Do it yourself, save £££££££££££'s

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I wouldn't go with those cold-calling b*st*rds - they call my mobile twice every day with recorded messages, but ..... I paid far too much for PPI when I originally got this mortgage 13 years ago, how much documentation do you need, I'm not sure I have it all going that far back.

Think you mean ASU mate.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
you get all money paid in plus 8% pa interest for the length of the loan/credit card. The interest is subject to tax.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
DO IT YOURSELF.

I got back about 10k last year for loans and mortgage cover going back about 8-10 years.

and I just won against Debenhams after a 2 year fight and got back £1300.00

Id say its worth it.

So you were paying about £1K a year for insurance cover. Somebody definately saw you coming.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
It was a secured loan attached to the mortgage (first plus) to consolidate when moving - not good financial practice but was in the boom time 8 ish years ago and i figured i could change the morgage after 2 years and pay it off (which i did) then i had 7 years of interst at 8% of a sizable loan back plus the capital of the outstanding when it moved to the new mortgage. not something i'd do again but glad in a way as it got me on the property ladder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here