Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Personal Accidents.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Hi, Now this could go wither way this thread, done a search and not much recently on this.

I had tripped on a wet wooden floor and hurt myself, not too bad but am in pain.

I keep seeing these National Accident helplines and No win No Fee companies etc on TV and wondered if anyone had any experience with this? To be honest , I guess the only advantage to me is maybe some cash at the end of it? I have not had to miss work or anything but I am in pain.

I guess the companies wouldnt take it on unless they thought I had a case right?

I have never complained or filed anythingagainst anyone ebfore and wondered if inded you did receive most of your settlement and whether it is much effort doing it?

Something is telling me it is a pretty bad idea to go down this route?

Cheers

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
They will only take on cases with a high chance of success (hence no win no fee) These days you probably won't keep all of the damages you might receive. You should check what your exposure to the other sides costs would be should you lose your case. At this point in the process only you can really decide if negligence was the cause of your accident and therefore compensation is a reasonable course of action.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
If you'd slipped on a wet fllor then it would make sense. Tripped though? Just clumsy.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
If you'd slipped on a wet fllor then it would make sense. Tripped though? Just clumsy.

Sorry, yes slipped. The floor was wet as there were drinks spilt on it, it was in a nighclub and yes alcohol was also involved. Im thinking dont bother but friends have said may as well if your going to get some cash out of it?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If You were under the influence of alcohol you'll have trouble proving it was negligence by someone else.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Sorry but too many people want to sue these days. Always someones fault, hence why insurance costs keep going up. I slipped in a nightclub once but I was pi€€ed, I would never comtemplate suing someone because of an accident. All the ads no win no fee should be banned imho.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sorry, yes slipped. The floor was wet as there were drinks spilt on it, it was in a nighclub and yes alcohol was also involved. Im thinking dont bother but friends have said may as well if your going to get some cash out of it?

Sounds like a random drinking injury, and a club/bar can only do so much to ensure that floors are kept dry. All the same, You possibly would get some cash out of it, but it doesn't make it morally right. Claims like this just end up with all businesses having to pay higher premiums and subsequently putting their prices up. The club you're claiming against probably wouldn't welcome you back either.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Hi, Now this could go wither way this thread, done a search and not much recently on this.

I had tripped on a wet wooden floor and hurt myself, not too bad but am in pain.

I keep seeing these National Accident helplines and No win No Fee companies etc on TV and wondered if anyone had any experience with this? To be honest , I guess the only advantage to me is maybe some cash at the end of it? I have not had to miss work or anything but I am in pain.

I guess the companies wouldnt take it on unless they thought I had a case right?

I have never complained or filed anythingagainst anyone ebfore and wondered if inded you did receive most of your settlement and whether it is much effort doing it?

Something is telling me it is a pretty bad idea to go down this route?

Cheers

So, you didn't miss work, so not lost any money. You're in pain, but will getting comp make the pain go away ?

The only circumstance I would possibly consider claiming, would be if the floor was actually dangerous to potentially broken limbs or worse, and only then if they were repeat offenders, i.e. that floor's always wet, someone could break their neck - and the sole purpose of claiming would be for them to take it seriously enough to do something about it. Apart from that ---- accidents happen, get over it.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Is it a question of it being morally wrong and a very 'american' way of thinking? I didnt say I was going to do it, I asked what people opinions were so keep you hair on Gazwag.

Yes, I did have a drink, no, I was not drunk at that point and I wasnt the only one to fall over. After I had fell I saw at least 2 other people deck it big time as the wooden floor was soaking wet! There were actually puddles!! There was no duty of care taken that night!

Anyway, its too much hassle for me persoanlly, I dont see the point, but as the idea had been out into my head I wanted see what the general feeling was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here